Nav Screen not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When coming back from the gym, my nav screen wasn't illuminated. I was showing the truck to a couple buddies and started the vehicle up to show them, the raptor sign on the nav screen came on, and then I walked them around the truck and when I went to get it, the screen was off. I can't seem to get it back on...

Is there a button that turns on/off the nav screen?

Side note, I also tried this morning hooking up android auto, so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it.

Thanks in advance.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
is the whole display down, or just NAV?

does it survive an ignition cycle?

if there’s a display off button, I’m not aware of it. I don’t recall having seen this before, - just to be clear, you were in the truck, started it with brake pedal + ignition button ?

did it cut off?

when you remote start, the screen is blank until you hit the ignition button

OP
OP
K

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the whole display down, or just NAV?

does it survive an ignition cycle?

if there’s a display off button, I’m not aware of it. I don’t recall having seen this before, - just to be clear, you were in the truck, started it with brake pedal + ignition button ?

did it cut off?

when you remote start, the screen is blank until you hit the ignition button

The issue was still present after a power cycle.

I think I isolated the issue to android auto though. As soon as I turned off my phone (all the way off), the next power cycle resumed everything to normal.

I deleted android auto from my phone, so I will see how it does from now on. I think it may have something to do with how I installed android auto. I didn't really sync it in the truck, so maybe some setting got messed up.

Android auto did automatically come on on my phone as soon as I started the car, but the nav screen was completely off. The radio did still work though.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Oh yeah!

happens with iPhone 2. My wife... thinks phone batteries should last weeks without a recharge, so she plugs in on the way home to charge, and we get a prompt on the screen - totally non responsive. I forgot what the prompt said, but there was no further interacting with the truck via the on screen menu.

We were able to reconnect afterwards and after disconnecting the unit began to respond again but still. I need to run her a plug in power cord...

I am not really a fan of apple car play, and don’t use it much, but I get less than brilliant streaming from bluetooth.

OP
OP
K

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this had something to do with android auto taking control of the system...It may be related to how I connected it, so I'll play with it later and see what happens

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife... thinks phone batteries should last weeks without a recharge....

lmao... it must be a universal trait amongst wives. My wife loses power in her iPhone almost everyday at the same time when there's ample opportunity to charge during the day. And get this.. she's got a mofi charging case to-boot.... haha.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
IKR !

Wife 1.0: this phone battery sucks, already down to 5%

me: maybe you should turn the screen off when you’re done

W1.0: WHAT. EVER.

me: I’m not sayin; I’m just sayin’

W1.0: <heavy sigh of disappointment>

Yeah, I didn’t even bother with a charge case because I know she’ll just burn though that one too by using the phone more.

Too much bookface, not enough human interaction.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a power point in centre console. Run a charge cord from there