My raptor saga finally has a happy ending

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gschofield

Reaction score
In 2012 I was lucky enough to purchase my very first brand new vehicle. A 2013 Raptor. This truck quickly became my baby. I loved it like a child. Even like a prized pet. Unfortunately in July of last summer my nightmare began. I had to go out of town for a week so I dropped my truck off at the local ford dealership for some scheduled maintenance and a detail. As I had done many times before. On the day before I was to come home I got a call from the dealership. I expected it to be the service guy calling to say my truck was ready and they were leaving it at the airport. Instead, it was the GM of the dealership calling to say my truck had been stolen. Wait, it gets worse. I got this call on a friday. As the story goes, the dealership was broken into Sunday morning, early. They broke into the detailing shop, moved about 4 vehicles to get to mine, found my keys in the office, and drove it away. The worst part...they didn't report it stolen to the police until Thursday afternoon. That was 4 days after they discovered the break in. Their reason was a policy they had to do a complete inventory before reporting any vehicles stolen, so they can know exactly what got taken. Forget the fact their video system clearly shows only my truck being taken. It was obviously targeted. Not only that but supposedly a cop ran the plates of my truck on Monday morning, but because it hadn't been reported it didn't come back stolen. Chance lost. Needless to say I haven't seen the truck since. Anyways, back to the story. The dealership offered me a loaner until they could get things straight with the police. Once they did that I sat down with the owner and GM to discuss options. I had been told by the police and my insurance that I should sue them. This being a small city I didn't want to do this. The dealership asked what could they do to make this better. I said it was simple. I wanted to be the first person in the city to get a new 2017. Second, I wanted a truck to drive until my new raptor came in. Third I wanted to pay not a cent over the dealerships cost for the new one. They agreed. I had our lawyer draw up papers and everyone signed. I was given a beautiful 2016 limited to drive. I sat down with a sales person and optioned out my brand new 2017 raptor. Avalanche grey, fully loaded, 4 door super crew. I was toldI could expect it sometime in October, at the latest middle of November. Well, as you all probably know, delay after delay after delay. I had been given delivery dates over and over again. Well, finally, I am happy to announce today I drove my brand new Raptor home. I love it already. It still hasn't really sunk in. As soon as I got home I tore open the manual and supplementals for some reading. Tomorrow i will dig into it a bit better, as well as a drive in the back country snow covered dirt roads for some high speed runs. Anyways, I wanted to share my story. Maybe I shared it in the wrong spot. if so, I apologize.

Spud

Reaction score
Wow. ****** about your Gen 1, but at least they came through for you! Enjoy it, they are fun!

Last edited:

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new Raptor. Better luck this time.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

Welcome to frf

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2012 I was lucky enough to purchase my very first brand new vehicle. A 2013 Raptor. This truck quickly became my baby. I loved it like a child. Even like a prized pet. Unfortunately in July of last summer my nightmare began. I had to go out of town for a week so I dropped my truck off at the local ford dealership for some scheduled maintenance and a detail. As I had done many times before. On the day before I was to come home I got a call from the dealership. I expected it to be the service guy calling to say my truck was ready and they were leaving it at the airport. Instead, it was the GM of the dealership calling to say my truck had been stolen. Wait, it gets worse. I got this call on a friday. As the story goes, the dealership was broken into Sunday morning, early. They broke into the detailing shop, moved about 4 vehicles to get to mine, found my keys in the office, and drove it away. The worst part...they didn't report it stolen to the police until Thursday afternoon. That was 4 days after they discovered the break in. Their reason was a policy they had to do a complete inventory before reporting any vehicles stolen, so they can know exactly what got taken. Forget the fact their video system clearly shows only my truck being taken. It was obviously targeted. Not only that but supposedly a cop ran the plates of my truck on Monday morning, but because it hadn't been reported it didn't come back stolen. Chance lost. Needless to say I haven't seen the truck since. Anyways, back to the story. The dealership offered me a loaner until they could get things straight with the police. Once they did that I sat down with the owner and GM to discuss options. I had been told by the police and my insurance that I should sue them. This being a small city I didn't want to do this. The dealership asked what could they do to make this better. I said it was simple. I wanted to be the first person in the city to get a new 2017. Second, I wanted a truck to drive until my new raptor came in. Third I wanted to pay not a cent over the dealerships cost for the new one. They agreed. I had our lawyer draw up papers and everyone signed. I was given a beautiful 2016 limited to drive. I sat down with a sales person and optioned out my brand new 2017 raptor. Avalanche grey, fully loaded, 4 door super crew. I was toldI could expect it sometime in October, at the latest middle of November. Well, as you all probably know, delay after delay after delay. I had been given delivery dates over and over again. Well, finally, I am happy to announce today I drove my brand new Raptor home. I love it already. It still hasn't really sunk in. As soon as I got home I tore open the manual and supplementals for some reading. Tomorrow i will dig into it a bit better, as well as a drive in the back country snow covered dirt roads for some high speed runs. Anyways, I wanted to share my story. Maybe I shared it in the wrong spot. if so, I apologize.

Wow, that's a hell of a story. So glad to hear you were able to make an amicable deal with them. Enjoy your new truck!

OP
OP
G

gschofield

Reaction score
so far I love it. But i've literally put 10 miles on it. I will know more tomorrow. I love the new ford sync and my touch system. I'm going to go rip around the dirt roads tomorrow and if the fields are clear of snow I will play around there.

Cool_Racer_79

Reaction score
so far I love it. But i've literally put 10 miles on it. I will know more tomorrow. I love the new ford sync and my touch system. I'm going to go rip around the dirt roads tomorrow and if the fields are clear of snow I will play around there.

Glad you got a Raptor. I can't get one so (Military Overseas) so I settle for a 2017 Limited. Will get it in May. I hope I like it. Did you like the 2016 Limited? I know is not a Raptor but did you like it?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to hear your dealer came thru for you and agreed to all your terms. That is great customer commitment and service. Congrats!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats and so what s the outcome with insurance with the GEN1? Are they going to cut you a check?
Where do you live if i may ask?

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm sure it was an inside job. should have been able to find the fool/s who did it. at least it worked out ok in the end but i'd still be pissed at the dealer and i sure as hell wouldn't be taking it there anymore. do your own detailing and maintenance!