My Raptor Just Got Banned from the Car Wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

getz

Reaction score
So my favorite carwash offers unlimited washes for 40 per month. Pulled up today for a wash and was told no more Raptors. I explained that I have gone through many times perfectly fine, but per the car wash girl, apparently the Raptors (not the Gen 1) have been breaking various parts of the car wash. Man I am bummed, I loved rolling through the car wash whenever I pleased.

Last edited:

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
i've never taken my truck through a car wash, too afraid of their machinery breaking and ******* up my truck, you getting banned was probably for the best.

On the bright side atleast you can brag that your truck is too bad ass to fit in a normal car wash.

jusdach

Reaction score
Check the manual. Page 34 of the Raptor Supplement states "Do not drive your vehicle through an automated, commercial car wash due to the vehicle's tire width and track."

Third sentence on the page, directly after it tells us not to use the front bumper openings as a step.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not everyone has the time or the place to wash these trucks. I had been going thru a modern drive thru wash with no issues until I changed to 0 offset Methods.. started getting hung up half way thru and rollers started pushing their way under the rear wheel. they claim they wash several other raptors with no issues, but all those trucks are on stock wheels. So, Im banned also...

I've been using a self/pressure washer as my HOA doesn't allow car washing in the driveways. takes about 3-4 times as long as the drive thru from start to finish as there's no blow dryers.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen1 0, offset Methods, SVC light tower/50 inch bar….no problems here at my car wash. But again when this place was built, i was talking to the owner, it was built to European specs, whatever that means.
I really would spent time doing other things but washing my ********* truck. I usually roll through 3 times a week, undercarriage, vacuum, windows, wheels and tires shine... At $67 a month its a bargain.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got lucky.

Place on my way home from work offers unlimited hand washes for for $55/month

Wouldn't trust a car wash and I'm too old and lazy to do myself.