My new Raptor spared!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night my wife wanted to go buy a better fake Christmas tree with built in lights. I chose not to go with her since she goes absolutely insane with anything related to Christmas, and I’d rather let her get want she wanted and not deal with a gazillion questions since she has full veto/decision power decoration-wise this time of year…HAHA.

My wife told me that she was going to take my 2001 “beater truck” F150 and I suggested that she take my new Raptor. She said that she didn’t feel comfortable driving my new truck, and honestly I felt a little insulted that she didn’t want to drive my new high tech amazing truck! About 75 minutes later she calls me and basically says…

"Some fool in a little Honda rear ended me at a red light"

"I’m O.K., but his car isn't looking too good"

"The trailer hitch and bumper really did a number on his car’s front end"

"So glad I didn’t drive your new truck"

I’ve been trying to figure out lately what to do with this old truck and I’m so glad I didn’t get rid of it yet! Here's the truck that took the hit.

Attachments

• 20171214_115410.jpg
    20171214_115410.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 20171214_115328.jpg
    20171214_115328.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 115

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m glad your wife is ok. did she score the new tree?

I think the old truck is a keeper. She certainly showed the inattentive H*nda driver to pay better attention while driving or suffer the consequences.

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was an angry Elf.

“I get more action in a week than you have in your life” “You feeling strong my friend? Call me elf one more time”. Haha

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Good to hear no one got hurt.

OP
OP
JustBillin

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife is fine, the truck’s bumper is bent down slightly and the hitch is a little bent. The police showed up in two minutes and filled out a report. The driver of the other car didn’t speak English very well, so hopefully he has a license and insurance. I’ll find out more information when they complete the reporting. I’m probably going to make my brother-in-law a “super deal” on the red truck, that way I can borrow it if I need to haul something nasty HAHA!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m glad your wife is ok. did she score the new tree?

I think the old truck is a keeper. She certainly showed the inattentive H*nda driver to pay better attention while driving or suffer the consequences.
Well being inattentive is up for another discussion...lol His wife is already jacked up because of Xmax. My wife is like that too BTW.....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well being inattentive is up for another discussion...lol His wife is already jacked up because of Xmax. My wife is like that too BTW.....

<total thread-jack>

Oh yeah, I hear you. My wife is obsessed with Christmas, the secular side anyway. Gift giving is a well planned strategy to ensure she is the center of attention. No matter how much i illustrate we’re hemorrhaging money as a consequence, she insists it nets me gifts (that don’t add up to what we spend). It starts on Boxing Day, calms down for about a month, and slow accumulation of gifts commences, but some have to be spent on birthdays so it continues throughout the year. Things pick up in October and don’t slow down until the 15 minutes of unwrapping are completed.

Don’t even get me started on decorating which I end up doing 95% of. We won the ‘hood decorating contest 4 or 5 years running, had runner up the year before, then we started getting honorable mention. I’m down to about 6,000 outside lights this year though, it’s a lot of work and the wife just lays around watching Hallmark Christmas movies while I do it.

that’s enough threadjacking for now...