My new '18...well kinda

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I got an update from Ford Performance that my Raptor is sitting in a rail yard 10 minutes from my house...yes, 10 minutes. Yet, it's deliver dates to my dealer 2.5 hours away is between the 10th-16th. Nonetheless, I took a 10 minute drive to the rail yard and met a really nice security guard who was kind enough to drive 150 yards and inspect/take pics of my baby (he couldn't take me). Sure enough, the truck was unloaded off the rail car at 10am this morning and is now sitting all alone next to other F150's waiting to be delivered. So, I could only look through a fence 150 yards away and ponder my future with my new Raptor (kinda like a Christmas Story and Ralphie obsessively wanting the Red Ryder BB gun). The first two pics are my baby, and the last is a red Raptor in the distance being loaded on a delivery truck headed to maybe someone on this forum? I feel like I have a new born child just minutes away that I can't see until she is bathed, and prepped for daddy :biggrin:

Attachments

• Raptor1.jpg
    Raptor1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Raptor2.jpg
    Raptor2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Raptor3.jpg
    Raptor3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BAHAHAHAH, god that is so my luck. I'm so happy to see that there is another shlub on the face of this planet with the same shit luck I've got....Hi, I'm Rick, we were obviously separated at birth.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine sat 2 hrs away for almost 2 weeks till it got on a truck. They can only load raptors on the upper rear of the hauler so they tend to sit awaiting a fully loaded truck.

OP
OP
paulny

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where you located? I’m in Syracuse

Hey neighbor, I'm in Malta near Saratoga Springs.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Yeah mine sat 2 hrs away for almost 2 weeks till it got on a truck. They can only load raptors on the upper rear of the hauler so they tend to sit awaiting a fully loaded truck.

Ugh, well my dealer and FP are both telling me the delivery window is the 10th-16th, but my luck it will be toward the end of that window if not after. Patience is a virtue, but I am struggling :)

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was supposed to be built on 11/4, but I can’t track anything on COTIS even with the VIN for some reason. I ordered my truck on 7/31 and don’t want to keep bugging the shit out of my small town dealer who gave me the build date a week ago.

I can’t wait to get it and actually have been stocking up on recovery gear and off road necessities since I want to get it dirty after a couple hundred mile break in period.

BTW…How do you get these updates from Ford Performance?

OP
OP
paulny

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was supposed to be built on 11/4, but I can’t track anything on COTIS even with the VIN for some reason. I ordered my truck on 7/31 and don’t want to keep bugging the shit out of my small town dealer who gave me the build date a week ago.

I can’t wait to get it and actually have been stocking up on recovery gear and off road necessities since I want to get it dirty after a couple hundred mile break in period.

Hopefully, yours gets built soon!

Call FP at 800-367-3788, option 1, then give the rep the last 8 of your vin. They will give you the location of your vehicle and other info. I have only called twice, but really nice people to talk to.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Easiest way I found was ford performance chat. Just IM them the VIn and ask for any update on delivery.