GEN 2 My First Truck, 2017 Ford Raptor Supercrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

image98

Reaction score
Bought a 2018 Leadfoot over the weekend.

Just wanted to say thanks for the great thread. Pretty sure you’ve cost me at least $2k in mods I never thought of!

So glad you posted about the sway bar. Ordered it immediately after seeing this thread. I’ll post once I get it installed.

Glad to hear my thread is still of value to fellow Raptor owners. The rear sway bar makes a big difference in keeping the truck level in cornering.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
What about over bumps?? Does it cause the rear-end to be stiff??

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Image98, excellent thread and thanks for sharing your very well done mods. I've saved this thread for when my Raptor arrives and will be referring to it often! Nice attention to detail and your Raptor looks great.

OP
OP
I

image98

Reaction score
IMG_4919hd.jpg

I have been using and enjoying the truck. Love it. I recreational tow a 20’ racecar hauler, which weights about 3,500 pounds empty. Loaded with a vehicle its typically pushing 6000-7000 pounds. The Raptor tows wonderfully with plenty of torque, gearing, and stability, but I felt the back end was squatting a bit too much. Like others, I was exploring ways to upgrade the rear suspension, but decided to first give a weight distribution weight hitch (WDH) a try. I purchased and installed the Anderson No Sway Weight Weight Distribution Hitch and it makes an incredible difference stabilizing the trailer and leveling the truck. This particular model has the 4” drop or lift and is fully adjustable to address the tongue load. The truck feels way more planted and in control.

IMG_4921hd.jpg

IMG_4912hd.jpg

https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/andersen-nosway-weight-distribution-hitch.aspx

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice car, is that California Special?

That will always be the Mustang to have.