Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

My First Truck, 2017 Ford Raptor Supercrew

This is a discussion on My First Truck, 2017 Ford Raptor Supercrew within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by Swa737 Did you remove the plastic fender trim (flares) pieces or U-Pol over the fasteners that are ...

User Tag List

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #51 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Rear Wheel Well Trim
Originally Posted by Swa737 View Post
Did you remove the plastic fender trim (flares) pieces or U-Pol over the fasteners that are inside the wheel well rim?
Yes, I removed both the rear wheel well flare and underlying trim. I think one of my photographs show a bare wheel well under masking tape and plastic. However, I do think its certainly possible to keep the trim on and mask if one is able to use a lift or jack and remove the tires. I don't think there is enough room to spray and get a good application if you leave both the trim and tires on.

image98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:54 AM   #52 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

image98, just wanted to say thank you for your extremely informative and detailed posts here. I was able to easily wire up fog lights on my truck using the information you posted here. In my case I ended up using cables and watertight connectors from McMaster-Carr. It's pretty time consuming making custom wiring harnesses when you are soldering every crimp and double and triple heat shrinking everything, but it's worth it when everything looks perfectly OEM when complete.

Here are the details on the connectors I used:

And here are the connectors on the lights themselves and the wiring harnesses:

And the final product:

Last edited by flzrider; 11-06-2017 at 11:56 AM.
flzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #53 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
[QUOTE=flzrider;1214679]image98, just wanted to say thank you for your extremely informative and detailed posts here. I was able to easily wire up fog lights on my truck using the information you posted here. In my case I ended up using cables and watertight connectors from McMaster-Carr. It's pretty time consuming making custom wiring harnesses when you are soldering every crimp and double and triple heat shrinking everything, but it's worth it when everything looks perfectly OEM when complete.

Looks good. Glad I could be of help. What mounting bracket did you end up going with for your 6x 3" lights?

Old 11-06-2017, 12:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by image98 View Post
A simple upgrade. I installed the Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX locking wheel nuts. Annodized black, and they come in a 24 pack. I think they look great on the factory beadlock rims.

Gorilla Wheel locks on dirty rims

Stock

Amazing attention to detail, and I am VERY impressed with your work. Question, is the Gorilla 96644BDX the actual part # for the lug nuts which fit our Raptor, or do we need to enter additional thread information in addition to the 96644BDX?
paulny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:40 PM   #55 (permalink)

Looks good. Glad I could be of help. What mounting bracket did you end up going with for your 6x 3" lights?
I used the same bracket you did, made by Diode Dynamics. Great price and simple design.
image98 likes this.
flzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:06 AM   #56 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Default Gorilla Lug Nuts
Originally Posted by paulny View Post
Amazing attention to detail, and I am VERY impressed with your work. Question, is the Gorilla 96644BDX the actual part # for the lug nuts which fit our Raptor, or do we need to enter additional thread information in addition to the 96644BDX?

Hi, that is the manufacturer and exact part number for the wheel lock 24 pack. I ordered my set through summit. It comes with a socket key, but obviously you will need a ratchet and socket (if I recall it is a dual hex 13/16 and 7/8) or lug wrench. I contacted Gorilla directly (instructions included in box) and ordered a spare key. Costs $15.

Locking Lug nuts
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-96644bdx

Gorilla Lug Wrench GOR-PW1 (good to keep in the truck with key and socket)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-pw1

Old 11-07-2017, 08:10 AM   #57 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Hi, that is the manufacturer and exact part number for the wheel lock 24 pack. I ordered my set through summit. It comes with a socket key, but obviously you will need a ratchet and socket (if I recall it is a dual hex 13/16 and 7/8) or lug wrench. I contacted Gorilla directly (instructions included in box) and ordered a spare key. Costs $15.

Locking Lug nuts
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-96644bdx

Gorilla Lug Wrench GOR-PW1 (good to keep in the truck with key and socket)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-pw1
Great, thanks so much for the information and links. Again, your rig looks amazing and I wish I had 10% of your mechanical aptitude :)
paulny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:37 PM   #58 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by paulny View Post
Great, thanks so much for the information and links. Again, your rig looks amazing and I wish I had 10% of your mechanical aptitude :)
Thanks for your kind words. Glad I could be of assistance.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #59 (permalink)

Meme Corps Commandant

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/8GmJiLy.jpg[

It is not who we are that matters....what matters is our memes...

Last edited by IRONMAN; 12-29-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I spent a couple of days installing a pair of 3 spots and a pair of 6 Light Bars under the rear bumper. Both pairs are wired directly to the trucks upfitter switches #4 and #5. No relays required. I spotted the 3 pods straight backwards while angling the 6 bars a little outward for a wider illumination spread.

Installation for the brackets was very straightforward. No drilling or cutting. However, I assembled my own harness running three pairs of 14 AWG wires in Taylor Convoluted Tubing and wrapped in electrical tape. I ran an extra pair of lines for future expansion. Every hot and neutral wire is connected with a Deutsch 2-pin connector. I fastened and ran my harness directly above and in parallel to the factory harness, which runs along the LH frame rail, above the gas tank, and over the spare tire. It almost looks stock.

3 Rear Bumper Spot Lights

Rear Bumper LED Mounting Kit Combo with 2 LED Light Pods and Wiring Harness | ZROADZ

6 Rear Bumper Light Bars

Rear Bumper LED Mounting Kit Combo with 2 LED Light Bars and Wiring Harness | ZROADZ

AUX1 - Green(solid)/Blue(stripe) - 15A - EMPTY

AUX2 - Gray/Yellow - 15A - FRONT 40 LED light bar with relay (20-25 amp) 10 AWG

AUX3 - Violet/Orange - 10A - 3 front quad flood spots (6.66 amps) 14 AWG

AUX4 - Brown/Blue - 10A - 6 wide pair reverse (7 amps) 14 AWG

AUX5 - Gray/Orange - 5A - 3 reverse pair spots (3.33 amps) 14 AWG

AUX6 - Yellow/Violet - 5A - 3 front pair spots (3.33 amps) 14 AWG

This completes my first round of upgrades. Im researching mass air intakes and am considering the Whipple Stage 1 Kit which is CARB compliant. I may also upgrade the exhaust system to something with a little more presence and a deeper note. However, the truck has plenty of power and smiles per mile as is. I am enjoying the toned down exhaust note and will drive it for a couple thousand more miles before making the changes. I still need to break the truck in!

In the meantime, if you like classic Mustangs, please check out my 1966 Mustang Convertible build thread over at the Vintage-Mustang Forum. Did I mention Im installing a 2016 5.0 Coyote engine, Tremec T56, Currie 9 rear, hydroboost, coil over suspension, rack and pinion steering, 14 6 Piston Discs up front, 12 Discs in the rear, and plenty of other restomod upgrades. Thanks for reading!

1966 Mustang Convertible Restomod Coyote Build - Vintage Mustang Forums

Ha oh man I ran my wires to the back through the frame and boy it was a pain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K1llD4shN1n3 is offline   Reply With Quote