My experiance on the dragon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2017 raptor with 0 offset wheels is too ******* wide to actually have any fun on the dragon. I knew that going into this weekend which is why I only did it going in and then coming out.

Power is awesome with the paddle shifters though. Its mainly a 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear in some spots road in sport mode.

I will post video later and some pictures from this weekend I spent down there with a bunch of mazdaspeed friends.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the dragon 2 years ago on my bike. yea narrow road. when some of the sport bikes passed in the opposite direction they were just inside the center line. but as they were leaning there upper bodies and mirrors were over the line in my lane. didn't see any trucks there. just bikes.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Raptor has no business on the Tail of the Dragon period..holy ******* retarded
That's some ********. We took a whole group of Raptors there last year and had a blast. If a van with a bike on the back of it can be safe then so can we. Heading back again this year too. Our group loved it. So did Off Road Extreme!!

http://www.offroadxtreme.com/event-...avement-slaying-the-dragon-with-ford-raptors/

You should come this year. Maybe it'll change your mind.

7a9e23674aed93eef5ca23a79b31eb3a.jpg

Famous last words, "if you hit it faster it will smooth out some!"

Last edited:

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill give you its s beautiful ride. I've done it a few times in a vehicle with a old school hand shaker...low to the ground and meant for turns and speed. I had a blast. The raptor was built for being in the dirt not the dragon. Even if the Gen 2 does come with turbos and paddle shifters doesn't mean its a lambo. Its like a getting a stripper but shes fat and don't have lick of rhythm.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill give you its s beautiful ride. I've done it a few times in a vehicle with a old school hand shaker...low to the ground and meant for turns and speed. I had a blast. The raptor was built for being in the dirt not the dragon. Even if the Gen 2 does come with turbos and paddle shifters doesn't mean its a lambo. Its like a getting a stripper but shes fat and don't have lick of rhythm.
Lol fair enough. But you should have seen the looks we got from all of the BMW guys that were down there for their annual event. They almost shit when they saw those big ass trucks sliding around corners! Not to mention when people saw us coming they gave us all the room we needed. Lots of thumbs up and big smiles and waves too. Sometimes doing something so wrong is so right.
309df7e15e97285b96111f3ebab9472d.jpg
1f4d834797567969e838e447d21af593.jpg5ef1bfa44a4f236d2b710129843301b8.jpg

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol fair enough. But you should have seen the looks we got from all of the BMW guys that were down there for their annual event. They almost shit when they saw those big ass trucks sliding around corners! Not to mention when people saw us coming they gave us all the room we needed. Lots of thumbs up and big smiles and waves too. Sometimes doing something so wrong is so right.
309df7e15e97285b96111f3ebab9472d.jpg
1f4d834797567969e838e447d21af593.jpg5ef1bfa44a4f236d2b710129843301b8.jpg

If you plan a trip this year let us know when we may meet you there.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you plan a trip this year let us know when we may meet you there.

Right now the plan is to do the weekend of September 30th. I'll probably do a post as we firm things up. If you want you can shoot me a PM with your email or cell.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Let me know too. I would be down to go back.
Shoot me a PM with your email or cell if you want. September 30th right now is the plan.