GEN 2 My Black Scab Story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackScab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New member. THANKS for a Great forum with loads of info !! Really helpful during my entry into the Raptor world.

Just took delivery of my Black Scab yesterday. Northeast.
Raptor Pic 2.jpg

Originally ordered a Blk Scb from dealer on 11/14. All options except no graphics or tailgate step. Receive no info or VIN for weeks and saw the chatter about CF and BL issues, so talked to GM at my dealership. Couldn't get any solid info from my dealer or Ford. No surprise there.

Went in on 12/20 to confront GM about lack of info. Lady Luck shined on me and they had an almost identical Blk Scb already on order. Had to give up the CF and tech package (good news is that I saved $3k!)

So, gave up my original order and did the deal for the dealer ordered Scab. Paid $5k over. Not ashamed - it was either take it or risk not getting a rare Scab at all. Big picture - over the life of my loan, this will add $70/month. Dealer told me yesterday that allotments are quickly drying up and will be difficult for some to get a '17. Maybe BS, don't know.

Build date 12/14; Delivery 1/25. By the way, after several delivery delays, Ford told me delivery was 1/28. but truck showed up 3 days earlier on 1/25.

Traded in my 2014 Jeep SRT, so Raptor will be an adjustment.

1st Impressions:
1. Awesome truck, absolute BEAST. Head turner everywhere I go.
2. Engine sound will take some getting used to after driving my SRT. I'll remain neutral until I get more experience..
3. Mileage was 33 on delivery.
4. Looked over truck top to bottom, no obvious issues with paint or anything underneath.
5. Drives great so far, definitely prefer Sport Mode. No prob with shifting.
6. Hard tonneau cover is great and seals very well with tailgate closed. Down side is that remote tailgate feature goes away (due to seal with cover).
7. Dealer promised me they could tune out the auto stop for me. Driving home yesterday, auto stop was still active, so will bring it back to dealer. Not sure if they were BSing me or not yet...
8. Stereo is OK, but a bit disappointing compared to my the Harmin system in my SRT. Will plan on upgrading at some point.
9. No fog lights on Raptors. So, will install aftermarkets in the bumper slots when the new shrouds become available.
10. I was initally bummed about no CF (also had it in my SRT), but honestly the "stock" trim is just fine. In retrospect, glad I didn't spend the $1k on it.
11. Also thought I would miss the tech package, but now some issues have been reported with some features, so glad to have saved another $2k.

That's it for now, will report any further impressions as they come up.

I had to wait 9 weeks my Raptor, but this is nothing compared to some of you guys out there. Feel bad for ya. Hang in there...

ekaz

Reaction score
So, been lurking around here reading up as I've been thinking about getting a '17. Interested to hear your thoughts after you've driven it a bit. I currently have a '15 Jeep SRT that I'd be getting rid of.
Congrats and good luck with it!

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Mine is getting built tomorrow after a LONG wait. (July order) I had to ditch beadlocks and CF too to get it built.

I'm going to be getting rid of my 07 Cherokee SRT (creampuff that just rolled to 34k miles) so it will be a bit of an adjustment but getting excited!

OP
OP
BlackScab

BlackScab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The turning out the auto start stop can not be done by the dealer .....

Absolutely correct Vince, confirmed with head mechanic at my dealership yesterday that auto stop feature cannot be deprogrammed.

No big deal, will adapt to it. Still beleive that an owner should have the option of turning off any feature in their truck.

Plus, another example of a sales guy making a promise they couldn't keep....