Must-have accessories - what are/will you be adding to your Gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious of what ya'll think are the must-have accessories for your Gen2. I'm not talking about big mods here. I'm talking about stuff like mud flaps, cargo/bed storage boxes, etc. My initial thoughts are to get:

Must-haves:
- Tonneau cover with integrated rack
- ?
- ?

Optional:
- mud flaps (PDP raptor style)
- driver-side storage bed box (swing out version)
- car cover (my truck doesn't fit in the garage so thinking of getting an all-weather cover)
- ?
- ?

thoughts on this stuff and others - thanks!

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bed step and tonneau cover, bed divider from factory, aftermarket spray liner, am also getting a clear bra.

Didn't know how good the factory floor mats are but if not good enough I'll get some after markets
That's about all I need. I may do some LED dressing in the bumper cut outs. Would only be for cosmetic reasons, not for seeing at night, even tho I know the headlights have their shortcomings.

Last edited:

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of Line-X for the bed, Bak-flip tonneau, and some lighting in the bumper cutouts (my night vision is for shit, anymore).

Also thinking about some light engine mods... Maybe an air intake, downpipes, and a tune.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far I have:
OEM bed mat
Husky X-act Contour floor liners
Pre-cut window tint

Accessories ordered w/ the truck:
Tailgate step
Bed extender
Remote start

Acceessories I'm planning on doing when I get the truck:
Line-X Premium

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. factory bed liner and I will throw a bed mat on top of that for cushion
2. husky x-act floor mats
3. tint front windows to match factory
4. xpel or other paint film for rocker panels (have read too much about rocks being thrown from the tires)
5. Amsoil HDMP for the undercarriage
6. small first aid kit for various roadside emergencies
7. Adam's paint sealant

I'm sure there will be more, but that is just a small list of items that I have come up with so far.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-X, bakflip mx4, opti-coat pro ceramic coating, tint, and maybe some lighting down the road. This is my first truck, so I'm sure my wants will evolve.

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 fog lights

Does anyone know where to purchase GEN 2 Fog lights, or if they are even being made yet? Thanks

Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question for you Husky buyers....Why Husky over Weather-tech?

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you Husky buyers....Why Husky over Weather-tech?

I've had weathertech in my last 2-3 cars. After reading more positive reviews on Husky x-act over the Weathertech, I decided to give them a try. Mine are sitting in my dining room floor now so I can't give an actual review but I can tell you what I like about them vs WT as they sit now.

1. the Husky mats have little nubs on the bottom to keep them in place vs the WT mats that required me to screw in anchors in the carpet of my Silverado (at least on the passenger side where there weren't anchors previously).

2. the Husky mats have a more rubbery feel and are a little more flexible than the WT mats. Gives them a little nicer feel.