Motor Trend truck of the year - F150 stats you won’t believe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Their table says the rear suspension on the Raptor has an anti-roll bar. WTF?

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting info on the different models... surprising to see the 5L was their favorite and that it performed better. I think the 10spd really helps the 5L performance.

Did it perform better? I see that it was behind the Raptor until right at 70 mph... in a truck with a 340 pound weight advantage, along with shorter tires and a narrower body. At the end of the quarter, it was pulling hard on the Raptor, but not enough to pull out a win.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting info on the different models... surprising to see the 5L was their favorite and that it performed better. I think the 10spd really helps the 5L performance.

Ford F-150 is the 2018 Motor Trend Truck of the Year - Motor Trend

I wouldn’t believe it because they’re junk stats. If you just look at the quarter mile time alone you see these guys are journalists, not actual car guys. Getting 14.7 sec @ 91.4 mph just isn’t even close to what guys on here have gotten in the right mode. That is why we have car forums — because the only real info you’re going to ever get is pooled from the masses of actual owners.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t believe it because they’re junk stats. If you just look at the quarter mile time alone you see these guys are journalists, not actual car guys. Getting 14.7 sec @ 91.4 mph just isn’t even close to what guys on here have gotten in the right mode. That is why we have car forums — because the only real info you’re going to ever get is pooled from the masses of actual owners.

While this is true, the trap speed is very telling. While a better driver might be able to pull a better time, this is largely due to knowing how to launch the vehicle. Trap speed is largely unaffected by a good or not so good launch. The Raptor being a Raptor is laden with quite a bit more weight, not to mention drag and the power advantage it enjoys isn't enough to overcome the additional mass it carries.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First of all, most don't care about 0-60 times but their time of 6.0 is much slower than other testers who got 5.2-5.3

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '18 Raptor is my first Ford in almost 20 years. I must say that I am very impressed with build quality, how quiet the truck is, and just how much fun this truck is to drive. This coming from a guy who traded in an '18 Toyota Tundra Platinum in on my girl. Granted, my '11 Toyota Land Cruiser was a beast in it's own right and was bulletproof. But, so far I am very pleased with my truck and hope to keep it for many years to come.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score

When I was stock I personally ran a 14.1 @ 96 mph at the strip. These guys suck.