Most weight you've ever hauled in your bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ice

Reaction score
17 supercab.

So I was picking up some tile for my new house, and when the forklift dropped off the palette in my bed my raptors ass looked like a lowrider. The worker told me it was about 3000 lbs and I was holy shit, **** that. We unloaded about a half of it and I drove 2 miles to the new pad. Short distance with about 1500 lbs in the bed. From what I last remember the max payload is about 1000 for the supercab. I know its probably nothing to worry but I'm hoping I didnt do any damage to suspension or anything :biggrin:

Ended up borrowing my friends f250 to haul the rest.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:jawdrop:

You put 3,000 pounds in the bed of a Raptor.

This has to be a record.

Normally I wouldn't think that exceeding payloads by a bit would do much in the real world - but tripling it? I dunno man... Check those springs I supposed. Ouch.

Oh yeah. Pics.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17 supercab.

So I was picking up some tile for my new house, and when the forklift dropped off the palette in my bed my raptors ass looked like a lowrider. The worker told me it was about 3000 lbs and I was holy shit, **** that. We unloaded about a half of it and I drove 2 miles to the new pad. Short distance with about 1500 lbs in the bed. From what I last remember the max payload is about 1000 for the supercab. I know its probably nothing to worry but I'm hoping I didnt do any damage to suspension or anything :biggrin:

Ended up borrowing my friends f250 to haul the rest.

HA! that is awesome! :biggrin: Please tell me you took pictures...?!?!? I would luv to see the squat on that.
On previous vehicles I've went beyond the rated limited for short periods just to get the job done (i know big no no but...). I assume as long as your spring are still straight and seated properly, you are fine but interested in seeing others think.

OP
OP
I

Ice

Reaction score
:jawdrop:

You put 3,000 pounds in the bed of a Raptor.

This has to be a record.

Normally I wouldn't think that exceeding payloads by a bit would do much in the real world - but tripling it? I dunno man... Check those springs I supposed. Ouch.

Oh yeah. Pics.

Well I didn’t actually drive anywhere with the 3000 lbs LOL

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're fine - rear suspension sees way more dynamic load in action, worst case scenario you compressed to the factory bump and it sat on the frame for a bit

Nick11

Reaction score
As mentioned in my previous thread I just finished a 4,000 KM trip in which I probably had a payload of around 2,000 lbs "Passengers + Motorcycle + 800 lb Tongue Weight of Trailor".

The truck did fine, and previously to that I have done several trips like that.

I just wouldn't want to take any rough roads while the truck is loaded down like that.

OP
OP
I

Ice

Reaction score
As mentioned in my previous thread I just finished a 4,000 KM trip in which I probably had a payload of around 2,000 lbs "Passengers + Motorcycle + 800 lb Tongue Weight of Trailor".

The truck did fine, and previously to that I have done several trips like that.

I just wouldn't want to take any rough roads while the truck is loaded down like that.

Yeah I commented on your thread haha. Are you running complete stock suspension?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I once gave Truckzor's wife a ride in my bed. Dont know the weight, but bet its a record.