Moon Roof- Yes or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had wind noise and leaking issues in the past so I'll never get another.
However, they are very popular and it's a must have for lots of people.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have not personally gone and seen the new double I would encourage you to go see one before you make up your mind. You will get it!

He mentioned he's getting a SCAB, the scab does not have the double moon roof. It's my understanding it's a single and does not slide open, just tilts. Also should cost a lot less on the SCAB vs. SCREW.

I have moon roofs in all my cars and suv's and I personally love them. Even living in the hot desert climate of AZ.
I AM one of those buyers who will not buy a car unless it has a moon roof so consider that on the resale also.

Get it and enjoy it!

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend is a dealer. Quite often he walks away from vehicles without the moonroof, resale being the factor.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He mentioned he's getting a SCAB, the scab does not have the double moon roof. It's my understanding it's a single and does not slide open, just tilts. Also should cost a lot less on the SCAB vs. SCREW.

I have moon roofs in all my cars and suv's and I personally love them. Even living in the hot desert climate of AZ.
I AM one of those buyers who will not buy a car unless it has a moon roof so consider that on the resale also.

Get it and enjoy it!

Yep, man I just glazed rite over that when I read it. Oops my bad!

Dr. Hunter

Reaction score
It makes the interior feel so much more roomy and bright. I think it's a big improvement. The one on my gen 1 was pretty meh and didn't feel like it added much.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes get it. The dual window is amazing and brings tons of light in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it.

I'm a big fan of getting EVERY option on a vehicle. That rule doesn't apply to cosmetic options. Those are per personal preference. The splash-graphics/rear appliqué for example. I opted to not get those.

Moonroof is cool. I'd recommend getting it.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Get it and enjoy it!

Definitely slides open on the SCAB. It is a single panel but it's power. $995 is the MSRP.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

I also was back and forth on this option. Ultimately, ordered with it for my SCAB.

Truck is fully loaded - doesn't hurt with resale. But most importantly, I'm selling my Mustang GT Vert to get the Raptor - figure I could still use a little daylight above my head!