Moon Roof Option - Yes or No (Arizona Truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Filling out the DORA today and need to decide... Moon Roof or no Moon Roof. Truck will be back and in Arizona where our Summers are hot! Never had one before on a vehicle and never really wanted one. $1,295 option. Thoughts? Liking it?

For what it's worth I found a Raptor at Sticker Price here in Phoenix! $66,550 the way I want it!

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the monsterous piece of glass with these new moonroofs. The old ones weren't really worth it but I still had them.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say yes, but I like moonroofs.
31 degrees here a few days ago, moonroof was open.
Even if I don't have the glass open, the cover is open.

I lived in AZ for 2 years though, that sun is HOT.

It'll increase resale value later on.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I have always had them, looking forward to the big roof on the gen 2.

vladi

Reaction score
Are you going to take this truck off road? Are you worried about road noise, reliability, and leaks? If you will keep truck long time and do a healthy amount of off road I would stay clear of moon roof. Maybe you could just put some of those glow in the dark stars on the top of the regular roof and save that money for mods :)

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
They're nice here in AZ for cruising around during out 70 degree winter days. I got a lot of use out of mine. It's broken now, so there's that downside to it too.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ended up ordering with the Moon Roof... should be fun the few times I use it. Chicks dig it right? I know the dog will.... Honestly it doesn't rain here much so leaks aren't a big deal and sadly my Raptor won't see a lot of dirt-one of those guys haha. In my defense I have a lifted jeep to get dirty while not ruining my $67k truck.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely go with the pano roof. I got that option and will get Air Blue 80 ceramic tint on it. THat will reduce your heat index in the truck substantially.