GEN 2 Which mods would void any warranty ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sken

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys so I have my 2018 magnetic SCREW that I would like to start modding. However what mods as far as performance wise would not void warranty ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Sken

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cat back exhaust and the icon/rpg/svc collar type spring perch prolly about it besides upgrading the shocks

Well good to know wanted to start with an exhaust for a nicer sound. Appreciate the info. [emoji108]

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping to put a bigger IC, light tune, cai, downpipes, 4 in lift, 37 in tires and keep the warranty.. JK I know it possibly might void the warranty

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s up guys so I have my 2018 magnetic SCREW that I would like to start modding. However what mods as far as performance wise would not void warranty ? Any help would be much appreciated.

You should read up on the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act and Googling that along with SEMA will get you good info such as this:

In a Consumer Alert issued by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the agency confirmed that “The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket part.” The alert outlines key provisions in the law that provides protections to car owners. As defined by the FTC, an “aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer.”

“The FTC’s reference to aftermarket parts is equally applicable to specialty parts,” said Russ Deane, SEMA’s General Counsel. “Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the warranty cannot be conditioned to a specific brand of parts, services or vehicle modifications unless those parts or services are provided free of charge.”

The alert notes that a consumer has the right to patronize independent retail stores and repair shops for parts and service without fear of voiding the new car warranty. The dealer/vehicle manufacturer has the right to deny a warranty repair but they must demonstrate that the aftermarket part caused the problem. The warranty remains in effect for all other covered parts.

The FTC alert may be downloaded using this link: www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt192.shtm.

The alert was issued in response to an FTC complaint filed last August by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA), Automotive Oil Change Association (AOCA) and the Tire Industry Association (TIA).

Questions? Contact Stuart Gosswein at [email protected].

Also:

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (P.L. 93-637) is a United States federal law (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.). Enacted in 1975, the federal statute governs warranties on consumer products. The law does not require any product to have a warranty (it may be sold "as is"), but if it does have a warranty, the warranty must comply with this law. The law was created to fix problems as a result of manufacturers using disclaimers on warranties in an unfair or misleading manner.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

To answer your question, no mod will automatically void your warranty

OP
OP
S

Sken

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should read up on the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act and Googling that along with SEMA will get you good info such as this:

In a Consumer Alert issued by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the agency confirmed that “The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket part.” The alert outlines key provisions in the law that provides protections to car owners. As defined by the FTC, an “aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer.”

“The FTC’s reference to aftermarket parts is equally applicable to specialty parts,” said Russ Deane, SEMA’s General Counsel. “Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the warranty cannot be conditioned to a specific brand of parts, services or vehicle modifications unless those parts or services are provided free of charge.”

The alert notes that a consumer has the right to patronize independent retail stores and repair shops for parts and service without fear of voiding the new car warranty. The dealer/vehicle manufacturer has the right to deny a warranty repair but they must demonstrate that the aftermarket part caused the problem. The warranty remains in effect for all other covered parts.

The FTC alert may be downloaded using this link: www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt192.shtm.

The alert was issued in response to an FTC complaint filed last August by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA), Automotive Oil Change Association (AOCA) and the Tire Industry Association (TIA).

Questions? Contact Stuart Gosswein at [email protected].

Also:

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (P.L. 93-637) is a United States federal law (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.). Enacted in 1975, the federal statute governs warranties on consumer products. The law does not require any product to have a warranty (it may be sold "as is"), but if it does have a warranty, the warranty must comply with this law. The law was created to fix problems as a result of manufacturers using disclaimers on warranties in an unfair or misleading manner.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

To answer your question, no mod will automatically void your warranty

Thanks that’s great to know. The only reason I was curious was because when I purchased the truck dealer was like anything aftermarket or performance wise you do will void the warranty ! But thanks I’m gonna check it out now.

D

Deleted member 12951

Any performance mod has the potential. Depends on how the dealership files it. Yeah there is the Magnusson Moss act but do you have enough money to fight Ford?

Mod what you are willing to pay for. I did my suspension but didn’t care if it affects other parts that might be voided, its worth it to me and I will pay to fix accordingly

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I’ve used a contractor for washing my truck and kept all receipts just in case something happens. Hopefully the warranty will still cover it

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Well good to know wanted to start with an exhaust for a nicer sound. Appreciate the info. [emoji108]

Start with Flowmaster then. That is really the only good sound for the eco.