Modesta BC05 Coating Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the plunge and had my Gen2 coated with Modesta. I'm really happy with the results thus far. I went to Reflections Auto Detailing by Johnathan Clark (Dover, Delaware). John's passion and knowledge with his process, products, and maintenance runs real deep. John did show me a few of the "before" pics to show many of the paint blemishes from the factory. Some of which he was able to fix and others that were under the paint itself.

In short, here's the process:
  1. Two-stage paint correction process to refine the paint and prep for applications.
  2. Wheels removed and also prepped for wheel coating
  3. Modesta P01A primer polish application
  4. Modesta BC05 paint protection application to paint, glass, and wheels with hi-temp curing.
  5. Total time: 3.5 days

I can handle some of the basic questions but would encourage you to email John directly for the more technical questions on Modesta products.

I'll take some pics after a month or so of time to provide a comparison. The result is a glass-like finish that is very reflective and deep. Very impressive to see in person.

If maintained properly, the coating should last close to 10 years. Cut that in half for coatings that are not properly maintained.

IMG_9804_zpstovobetc.jpg
IMG_9802_zpsfvdkbj2z.jpg
IMG_9800_zpss1ebpcgg.jpg
IMG_9799_zpsxrhnc7l8.jpg
IMG_9798_zpsdh0qv17x.jpg

Last edited:

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks nice. They need to develop better mud flaps for new raptor, they just don't flow as well as on the older raptors.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks nice. They need to develop better mud flaps for new raptor, they just don't flow as well as on the older raptors.

Thanks. Out of all the guards that are out there now, I prefer the Vortex guards. Would be cool if they did update them but I'm happy with them so far.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I actually think they look better on the 17's. That little lip on the fender flare blends in well with the mudflaps. I ran Rally Armor flaps on my 14' and they looked right at home on the Raptor!

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks amazing! What was the cost of the Modesta application?

I opted for both the interior and exterior protection with modesta products so I got a package deal that wasn't cheap. His prices are dependent on paint condition, etc., so best to email him directly and ask for a quote. Budget at least $2,000 but it could be less or or more depending on how much paint correction he needs to do.

Last edited:

Mcdonaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my truck yesterday from doing the Modesta coating on truck, wheels, and interior. Looks awesome I also got the clear bra on all the front and mirrors and hood and fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk702cdce7319da569383e2efde1661d75.jpgcf2a1e10abb2e68c88b006002c2b391d.jpg6b8a6bdcd82f417d1653cb002ce5a1b4.jpg

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Just got my truck yesterday from doing the Modesta coating on truck, wheels, and interior. Looks awesome I also got the clear bra on all the front and mirrors and hood and fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk702cdce7319da569383e2efde1661d75.jpgcf2a1e10abb2e68c88b006002c2b391d.jpg6b8a6bdcd82f417d1653cb002ce5a1b4.jpg

You guys are killing me with all these shiny trucks... is it really worth doing these coats? Give me some advantages to it. I'm gunna have to raise my budget for this truck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am contemplating a Modesta or some sort of ceramic coating application also! I have had Meguairs 21 Sealant professionally applied to all my vehicles in the past. That works great..decisions decisions!

Attachments

• IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 87