GEN 2 Missing roof pieces?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcmiked97

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was looking at the roof of my '18 today and the welds where the roofline and doors meet caught my eye and just seemed like they're missing a covering of some sort. Towards the back I can see a 'cover' or trim piece but it doesn't run along the whole roof.

(Left pic) Passenger side from the front above the windshield and A-pillar
(Right Pic) Driver side from the front above the windshield and A-pillar

Notice how you can see the exposed corners of the windshield. Is there supposed to be a trim piece?

Attachments

• IMG_5530.jpg
    IMG_5530.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_5531.jpg
    IMG_5531.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
mcmiked97

mcmiked97

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Although you'd think Ford would have made the trim go all the way across the roof.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was looking at the roof of my '18 today and the welds where the roofline and doors meet caught my eye and just seemed like they're missing a covering of some sort. Towards the back I can see a 'cover' or trim piece but it doesn't run along the whole roof.

Notice how you can see the exposed corners of the windshield. Is there supposed to be a trim piece?

When I washed my 18 Leadfoot- I noticed the same and thought the aluminum stamping technique is still a work in progress...I can't imagine any mass produced vehicle passing final inspection with such an obvious design flaw/issue.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Omg lumpy stamp?

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Omg lumpy stamp?

quality.jpg

Granted not many people will look very closely at that part of a truck but I'm not impressed with finish of that seam for a truck that cost $70K+. This isn't the truck where the owner noticed some shipping damage and had the dealer fix it by chance?

I like these trucks but damn!

Mike

MikeH

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mine doesn't look like that at all. Something is up. Ill take a pic of mine tomorrow and ill send it. Mine is clean and you can't see what I see on your truck.