GEN 2 Missing paint on inside rockers ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darthzador

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a early build scab, today I was detailing it and I just realized that I seem to be missing paint of the inside door jam by the rockers , only on the passenger side . Has any one else had this problem? 1a4adb9ef7792cef88b516dd0276f17c.jpgcaea3ac763b8b6c5d840d7e6cb9e83dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a early build scab, today I was detailing it and I just realized that I seem to be missing paint of the inside door jam by the rockers , only on the passenger side . Has any one else had this problem?

Same issue with mine, posted about this awhile back. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260...ems-here-please-53195/index2.html#post1132538

Dealer took pictures and submitted to Ford and they agreed to paint the unfinished surfaces but I haven't taken it back in for them to paint it yet.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has minor fading compared to yours. I did not say anything about mine though. If I had your paint issues I would say something. I believe the more we complain about the issues with our trucks, maybe ford will take notice. For the amount we pay for vehicles today, we should have a decent paint job.

OP
OP
Darthzador

Darthzador

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm going to the dealer today to show them . My paint is bubbling on the front fender to, I'm not happy, pay all this money for a crappy paint job .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad someone posted this. I have a similar issue but in a different location. On the driver side, right in front of the rear wheel (bottom of side panel) there is a spot where the paint is really rough. When I rub my finger over the paint is makes a scratchy noise as soon as I get to that part. I'm wondering if the clear coat didn't get applied there or something. I showed it to the dealership yesterday during an oil change but they said I need to go to their body shop to have it looked at...

derekg1988

Reaction score
Glad someone posted this. I have a similar issue but in a different location. On the driver side, right in front of the rear wheel (bottom of side panel) there is a spot where the paint is really rough. When I rub my finger over the paint is makes a scratchy noise as soon as I get to that part. I'm wondering if the clear coat didn't get applied there or something. I showed it to the dealership yesterday during an oil change but they said I need to go to their body shop to have it looked at...
\

My rear passenger door had something similar, to find out. I found that the lower half the door was repainted at the factory and they blended the door and only cleared half of the door. The bottom where the door rolls under was rought and dull looking. Mine was one of the retrofit trucks, sounded like a bag of bolts in the engine for like 30 seconds on start up, slammed into reverse really hard, crazy squeaky noises. I ended up trading it in on a Avalanche grey one that was built about a month ago. Much better build and quality and I can tell that it wasn't beat on like my original truck. I could tell where they beat on the door hinges to get them to line up, then touch up painted everything....Very poor build on my first truck.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
\

My rear passenger door had something similar, to find out. I found that the lower half the door was repainted at the factory and they blended the door and only cleared half of the door. The bottom where the door rolls under was rought and dull looking. Mine was one of the retrofit trucks, sounded like a bag of bolts in the engine for like 30 seconds on start up, slammed into reverse really hard, crazy squeaky noises. I ended up trading it in on a Avalanche grey one that was built about a month ago. Much better build and quality and I can tell that it wasn't beat on like my original truck. I could tell where they beat on the door hinges to get them to line up, then touch up painted everything....Very poor build on my first truck.

Wow sorry to hear about the bad quality of your first truck. Luckily mine was built in February so it wasn't one of the problem trucks. But the rough paint is really bothering me. I called and set an appointment at the Ford body shop and the lady said they would be happy to give me an estimate. I will flip my shit if they expect me to pay even a dollar for it.