GEN 2 Mid Atlantic delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nogard

Reaction score
After posting about my Raptor being in transit last week it finally arrived this evening.

Dealer is prepping it for pick up tomorrow but I had to stop by and take a couple of pics.

Ordered August 30th, build date was Nov. 20th.

Attachments

• My raptor.jpg
    My raptor.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 144
  • My raptor front.jpg
    My raptor front.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 157
OP
OP
N

Nogard

Reaction score
Thank you. PDI as he referred to it. "Pre delivery inspection". I'm assuming makes sure all fluids are filled and what not but I don't really know all the details but it does need to be washed and waxed lol.

OP
OP
N

Nogard

Reaction score
One issue I see is trying to figure out where to mount the front plate. It comes with two pilot holes pre-drilled from the factory right in front of the vent/grille for the intercooler. Maryland law requires a front tag unfortunately. I'm going to run without one until I figure out what my options are.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the black look in person? I debated on avalanche vs black for a long time. Went with black because for me it was the "safer" of the two choices. Congrats man.

OP
OP
N

Nogard

Reaction score
How's the black look in person? I debated on avalanche vs black for a long time. Went with black because for me it was the "safer" of the two choices. Congrats man.

Like you I chose black because it was "safe". I was contemplating on going with the Avalanche since it was exclusive to the Raptor but then I saw a G.T. 350 in a showroom and asked the salesman if that was the Avalanche grey.

He replied yes. Personally I didn't care for it at all, it looked more like a grey primer so I went with the black.

I just wish I had the opportunity to see the paint choices in person before picking a color. I do like the magnetic a lot from the pics I have seen.

The truck was fairly dirty but I have no complaints. You can't really go wrong with black. I'll post more pics when I get it home, although we are supposed to have rain all day tomorrow.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like you I chose black because it was "safe". I was contemplating on going with the Avalanche since it was exclusive to the Raptor but then I saw a G.T. 350 in a showroom and asked the salesman if that was the Avalanche grey.

He replied yes. Personally I didn't care for it at all, it looked more like a grey primer so I went with the black.

I just wish I had the opportunity to see the paint choices in person before picking a color. I do like the magnetic a lot from the pics I have seen.

The truck was fairly dirty but I have no complaints. You can't really go wrong with black. I'll post more pics when I get it home, although we are supposed to have rain all day tomorrow.

I have three close friends that got their black trucks diamond coated from a place in Austin.

After the coating their trucks are dust and water resistant. They literally go a week between washes and one guys truck is parked outside all the time. They always look freshly waxed. I was suspicious so I helped wash it one time and just power washed and then dried it with a standard towel and it looked perfect. No swirls. My truck will be going to this place for costing as soon as it comes in.

I couldn't put up with a black truck without it haha.

OP
OP
N

Nogard

Reaction score
I have three close friends that got their black trucks diamond coated from a place in Austin.

After the coating their trucks are dust and water resistant. They literally go a week between washes and one guys truck is parked outside all the time. They always look freshly waxed. I was suspicious so I helped wash it one time and just power washed and then dried it with a standard towel and it looked perfect. No swirls. My truck will be going to this place for costing as soon as it comes in.

I couldn't put up with a black truck without it haha.

Good to know, too bad I'm nowhere near Austin. I'll check around and see if anyone in Maryland does this.

Black is a bitch to keep clean.

My 2000' F250 is sliver which always looked clean no matter how dirty but I wanted something different.
I liked the look of the black Gen 1's that I would see on occasion and that pretty much solidified my choice.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know, too bad I'm nowhere near Austin. I'll check around and see if anyone in Maryland does this.

Black is a bitch to keep clean.

My 2000' F250 is sliver which always looked clean no matter how dirty but I wanted something different.

I liked the look of the black Gen 1's that I would see on occasion and that pretty much solidified my choice.

I pm'ed you the website in case you want more information on the product. I'm sure there are many other places that do it too.