Mid 2018 new metal oil pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weve done this conversion. Oil pickup was same exact part # from the 2017 truck, to the 2018 VIN we used.

Took about 6 hours of labor.

Can you clarify? Did you do it to a 2017 or 2018 before the metal pan switchover?

I'm the OP; I bought the metal pan for my 2017, and my shop showed me where the oil pickup tube was hitting the metal pan (left an imprint)

How did you manage this issue?

We also looked up part numbers upstream, and a few parts from the 2018 had different p/n from the 2017 truck.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you clarify? Did you do it to a 2017 or 2018 before the metal pan switchover?

I'm the OP; I bought the metal pan for my 2017, and my shop showed me where the oil pickup tube was hitting the metal pan (left an imprint)

We also looked up part numbers upstream, and a few parts from the 2018 had different p/n from the 2017 truck.

I asked this question on another forum yesterday and this is the response I got.
> https://www.f150forum.com/f2/unofficial-official-warranty-parts-question-thread-422599/

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a shelby with a production date of 1/18 looking to see if anyone knows if this conversation can be done.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes. We added a metal pan to a 2017. Its the same exact part # for the pickup from the 2017 truck we had with plastic pan, to the VIN we used from a 2018 truck with metal pan.

I just purchased a shelby with a production date of 1/18 looking to see if anyone knows if this conversation can be done.

Yes, it can be.

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. We added a metal pan to a 2017. Its the same exact part # for the pickup from the 2017 truck we had with plastic pan, to the VIN we used from a 2018 truck with metal pan.

Yes, it can be.

Sorry, I'm not following. Are the part numbers for pickup tube the same plastic vs. metal pan -- but when you ordered with a 2018 you got a different part?

I guess I'm just looking for a list of PNs for the conversion.

I have the metal oil pan already, looking for extra bits.

Thanks!

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not following. Are the part numbers for pickup tube the same plastic vs. metal pan -- but when you ordered with a 2018 you got a different part?

I guess I'm just looking for a list of PNs for the conversion.

I have the metal oil pan already, looking for extra bits.

Thanks!

I don’t know what else you don’t understand.

The need for a pickup tube is dependent on what part # you already have.

For the truck we did, we used the original pickup tube and only needed one part#, the pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For the truck we did, we used the original pickup tube and only needed one part#, the pan.

Can you post your 2 VINs

I still don't know why my 2017 pickup tube hit the 2018 metal pan, but yours did not

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot. As they are my customers, I cannot post that info online.

Even side by side you can tell the two pickups looked identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm trying to deconflict your report that you didn't need a new pickup tube, and Bajafred's report that his original pickup tube hit the pan.

I ordered the #LK4Z6622A pickup tube off a 2018 VIN just in case.

Now the hard part is getting the dealer to try and swap these parts on while they re-sealing the weeping plastic pan.