Mid 2018 new metal oil pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update - as of 6/4, it was not simply plug 'n play - http://www.fordraptorforum.com/1270234-post21.html

On the oil leak thread, someone mentioned Ford shifted from a plastic to metal oil pan sometime in late February 2018.

I’ve ordered a metal one to put on my 2017; will report back if it doesn’t work.

2018 br3z.6675.rb

2017 hl3z.6675.a

Last edited:

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for providing part numbers. I spoke to my dealership a month ago on this subject and they said that all 18 raptors are plastic and it is impossible to get a metal one from Ford. I even crawled under all the ones on the lot and they were plastic. Interested to see what you come up with. If this works, I want to find a metal transmission pan too.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well shit... My 18' is a very early production... Now I have to find a way to make it leak so they replace it with the metal one under warranty... Maybe I'll go on a Baja run with @KentSD he doesn't seem to have problems getting the plastic ones to leak.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well shit... My 18' is a very early production... Now I have to find a way to make it leak so they replace it with the metal one under warranty... Maybe I'll go on a Baja run with @KentSD he doesn't seem to have problems getting the plastic ones to leak.

Flathead screwdriver or tire iron maybe? J/K ...

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine should arrive tomorrow; Tasca has them for ~$50 ... due for an oil change anyway, so timing couldn't be better

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I will be ordering as soon as I hear your results. I have an early 18 with the plastic. No leaks yet but the damn plastic drain plugs just freaks me out. I would much prefer the peace of mind of a metal pan and the ease of draining with a Fumoto valve.