Method vs Factory forged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What method wheel model are you looking at in particular?

Method 101 Beadlocks around 33 pounds a wheel

The Gen 1 beadlock-able wheel is around 40 pounds, not sure about Gen 2 ones as they are still too new. If you get the beadlock ring i think that adds another 10 or so pounds also

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want light weight, the Method Roost is the way to go. For the Gen 1s, it was also the only Method wheel that is hubcentric.

Are you sure the factory beadlock capable wheels are forged, by the way?

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen II beadlocks are 36.8 lbs each, without center cap or tpms installed.

I am in the process of swapping the stock cast wheels for the OEM beadlocks, so it was a convenient time to throw one on a scale.

435fa23f47c01f1bb0dbf62f2ee172a4.jpg
What's the factory standard G2 wheel weigh?

OP
OP
D

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want light weight, the Method Roost is the way to go. For the Gen 1s, it was also the only Method wheel that is hubcentric.

That's what all the literature says... 36lbs doesn't sound like forged by weight.

x-ray

Reaction score

Just to fill in data, got the weight of the Roost 17x8.5"here. They report the weight at 25.2 lbs. Not too bad especially if the "forged" factor wheels weight 36 lbs.

X

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to fill in data, got the weight of the Roost 17x8.5"here. They report the weight at 25.2 lbs. Not too bad especially if the "forged" factor wheels weight 36 lbs.

X

Yeah that sounds right. This is probably the only off the shelf cast wheel I'd run (since it's hubcentric on the G1). When I get around to building the suspension to match my engine (and need the additional offset to clear it) I'll probably have to go this route if I don't want to pop the money for a real set of forged beadlocks (Weld or Raceline).

Also, I'm sure you guys all know this, but if you're concerned about rotational weight also be very careful about tire selection. There's a tire weight thread somewhere over on the Gen 1 forum. Think it's a sticky.