GEN 2 Which Lowrance mount are you guys using for your Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Lowrance Elite 5 HDI that I am running in my 2013. Wanna bring the same unit over to my 2017 but can’t find any Gen2 specific mounts/brackets. Post pics or links of what you guys are using!

FYI: I also have a RAM mount for my iPad and LeadNav so don’t go telling me how LeadNav is the way of the future blah blah blah. Let’s just stick to the topic please.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GJ Motorsports is working on a Gen 2 lowrance setup. Not available yet but will be shortly.

Could I recommend that you make the height adjustable so that the screen can rest on the dash. I have a mount that must be designed for a 9 in screen and my HDS 7 is a few inches from the dash taking up unnecessary window space and worse the mount vibrates badly sometimes. Having the screen able to just touch the dash would be ideal.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could I recommend that you make the height adjustable so that the screen can rest on the dash. I have a mount that must be designed for a 9 in screen and my HDS 7 is a few inches from the dash taking up unnecessary window space and worse the mount vibrates badly sometimes. Having the screen able to just touch the dash would be ideal.

We're definitely hoping to alleviate the vibration issue associated with some lowrance mounts. @t_j might be able to shed some light on what's being cooked up.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm working on a series of face plates for the popular Lowrance units as options for our existing tablet mount range. What are people thinking about mounting? So far we have:

* Elite 5 HDI
* HDS 7

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm working on a series of face plates for the popular Lowrance units as options for our existing tablet mount range. What are people thinking about mounting? So far we have:

* Elite 5 HDI
* HDS 7

Those are definitely the top 2. I, as well as air of others, only got the elite 5 because it’s a cost vs use debate. Not something we need every day so why go broke? So I assume that’s why a lot of people have the 5. If I was using it daily, professionally, etc I would’ve gotten the 9.