lower tire press on 17?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 17 for a client in Ca and drive it an hour to Richmond from Fredricksburg va and noticed that the tire press monitor said pressure was 39-40 and thought it was low, my 14 I ran at 46-48 PSI for best wear and mileage,The door sticker on 17 says 38 PSI ????

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Mine was delivered somewhere in the high 40's and thought it rode skittish. I lowered the pressure to spec and it smoothed the ride out a bit and felt more planted.

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold, I run my 2017 SCREW with 38 PSI Front, and 37 PSI Rear.

Seems to have a good balance of MPG (16-ish mixed driving) and comfort. Also looks to have very even wear on the tires. I rolled 5,700 miles the other day and all four look brand new. Will be rotating at 7,500.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I just picked up a 17 for a client in Ca and drive it an hour to Richmond from Fredricksburg va and noticed that the tire press monitor said pressure was 39-40 and thought it was low, my 14 I ran at 46-48 PSI for best wear and mileage,The door sticker on 17 says 38 PSI ????

All tires are different in compound, sidewall construction, tread pattern etc and create different heat cycling and resulting pressure increase as you drive. 38 PSI cold is what the manual recommends, and what I’ve been running - unladen, that’s probably too much for the rear, but I haven’t messed with the pressures yet. My thinking is that 35-37 rear would be ok, but again, I haven’t messed with it.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The GEN 1's were D rated and the truck was heavier. The lighter GEN 2 truck with the new C rated tires should have a sweet spot in the 35-40 range.