Low engine oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was driving my raptor Saturday and floor board it then all of a sudden it lost power then my dash flash red and a message pop up saying low oil pressure pulled over turn off then turn back on then it worked fine.... tested it later on that night by flooring it message pop back up I changed my oil 3k miles ago check my oil level and I have plenty so I don't know what's the problem I will be taking it for service in the morning ... any idea on what it could be

IMG_0126.jpg

thechad

Reaction score
Same oil pressure warning, but it happened when I dropped it off and tech was test driving. I dropped mine off due to a strange "hiss", happened twice before I babied it home, around front passenger and boost gauge was maxing out(20psi 3rd&4th gear) with little to no extra power on medium throttle(post "hiss" noise, not usual turbo sounds). After oil pressure warning light the truck limped back to Ford and was limited to 80mph. They are currently replacing oil pressure sensor since truck has no leaks and checking on other "issues" I told them about. Truck was built in Feb. Other issues I noticed, A/C went weak after first week of use, instead of ice cold at 69 degrees it was slightly cold and now doesn't get cold till about 64 on recirculate. Also smelled an electrical burning scent while driving through a park with the windows down, only lasted about 30 seconds, one week ago... As for my temperament, it is declining.

thechad

Reaction score
So I have heard back about oil pressure sensor being replaced, but testing cannot occur till they acquire a T connector to allow the sensor to be active while a pressure test is run. Also got another code showing the oil pressure solenoid possibly not functioning... behind the timing cover.?. This is disheartening. I told him to check the wiring harness around the exhaust to make sure it hasn't inadvertently been melted by proximity(saw a different thread pertaining to melted harness causing loss of 4wd function). No idea of actual turnaround since its Friday. Lemon anyone?

OP
OP
A

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer called me today and told me they order a oil sending unit for my truck .... not sure what that exactly is but what ever ... they said that was the issue