GEN 2 Looking for in stock at MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82Kuba

Reaction score
FYI no lawyer is going to take the case - it isn't worth their time plus their own fees will quickly get into the thousands

Not 100% true .. I had a dealer try pulling something similar to this when I ordered my MW3 Rubicon. Called my man Wolf , he wrote a letter and I pulled off the Lot two days later.

He didn't charge me for the time since I use him a lot for my property dealings but I'm sure a good lawyer can write a letter to scare them for a minimal fee. I'm sure it won't take a trial.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
File yourself in small claims, ask for the max allowed judgement in your jurisdiction (for example $10k in CA) for punitive damages ect. The dealer will make it right fast and settle with something less.

What are his damages here counselor? He got his deposit back. You might be able to argue for a half day pay - and lucky if the judge gives that to you.

Note, I'm absolutely not defending the dealer, but the legal avenue is a waste of time - that's why dealers keep doing it.

82Kuba

Reaction score
File yourself in small claims, ask for the max allowed judgement in your jurisdiction (for example $10k in CA) for punitive damages ect. The dealer will make it right fast and settle with something less.

Exactly. I worked at a dealer for 8 years.. every now and then a wanna be slick salesmen would pull some dumb shit. A lot of the time the consumer didn't know their rights and would get away with it but the smarts ones would figure it out.

It's a pain in the ass and more money out of pocket

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

What are his damages here counselor? He got his deposit back. You might be able to argue for a half day pay - and lucky if the judge gives that to you.

Note, I'm absolutely not defending the dealer, but the legal avenue is a waste of time - that's why dealers keep doing it.

Loss of time , de -valuation of your trade in if applicable .. if you own a business and planned on using it for work ... there's a bunch of shit these ******* can come up with.

They get away with it cause people don't know their rights.. i

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I did have 2 on order after reading all the things on this forum and another one. Thinking of just holding off as this has been a disaster from the start. I've found Gen2's all over the place but I will never pay an ADM EVER. Just thought I'd through it out there in case someone knew of one sitting or coming in, had a 2010,2012,2013 Gen1 so might just wait for the new Dodge Demon instead since the last 3 were street queens

So you had 3 Raptors in the past and haven't developed a relationship with a dealer? Sorry homie but it sounds like you got us arguing over some ******** here lol

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Proximate damages are the difference between the agreed contractual value and the current market price the OP can find. He doesn't actually have to buy a new truck, there are lots of way's to prove current replacement damages suffered from the breach of contract. I'd use $7500 b/c that's what his dealer set as their market price, pretty prima facie.

You can soak up any remainder small claims collection with punitive based damages as I mentioned. Deceptive trade practices is the easy one here. Past that, consequential damages if you have any - ie were needing this for work and have lost wages as a result ect, although this is a lot harder sell generally.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Proximate damages are the difference between the agreed contractual value and the current market price the OP can find. He doesn't actually have to buy a new truck, there are lots of way's to prove current replacement damages suffered from the breach of contract. I'd use $7500 b/c that's what his dealer set as their market price, pretty prima facie.

You can soak up any remainder small claims collection with punitive based damages as I mentioned. Deceptive trade practices is the easy one here. Past that, consequential damages if you have any - ie were needing this for work and have lost wages as a result ect, although this is a lot harder sell generally.

Do you think OP will be able to defend himself in small claims, or will he need a lawyer? Remember he'll be going up against a lawyer on retainer from the dealership.

82Kuba

Reaction score
Do you think OP will be able to defend himself in small claims, or will he need a lawyer? Remember he'll be going up against a lawyer on retainer from the dealership.

I think the OP is full of shit and he's got you barking over non sense .. lol

I'm going sue the OP for wasting my time

Last edited:

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
82Kuba;So you had 3 Raptors in the past and haven't developed a relationship with a dealer? Sorry homie but it sounds like you got us arguing over some ******** here lol[/QUOTE said:
Definitely does...granted last deal could've went south

OP
OP
S

shoalbandit

Reaction score
I bought the last 3 from different dealers. The dealer closet to me has never been friendly so I tend to find dealers out of state. Just seeing if anyone knew of one in stock is all.

82Kuba

Reaction score
I bought the last 3 from different dealers. The dealer closet to me has never been friendly so I tend to find dealers out of state. Just seeing if anyone knew of one in stock is all.

A good friend / ex co worker of mine had 3 raptors in the past.

2010 - purchased from a dealer in ATL
2012 - purchased from a dealer in upstate NY after his '10 got flooded during Hurricane sandy.
2014 - purchased in Cali where he now lives. Had a kid a went from a Scab to a Screw.

Went in for an oil change asked about the Gen 2 while waiting and his purchase record helped him get an allocation. He paid 3k over but his trade in covered more than that.

In my case I purchased 4 F250's for snow removal equipment through my company in Nov. I asked about the Raptor when I picked up the trucks first week of Jan and placed my order. Paid 4k over but they gave me $26k as a trade in for my Rubicon which I owe 7k on so **** it.

So you saying that you've had 3 special order raptors and can't find a dealer to help you is ********. I didn't even buy the F250s for me but since I gave the dealer my company's business they gave me their last allocation and gave me top dollar for my trade in.

Please let this Thread die and go do your homework..

Last edited: