GEN 2 Looking for a good shop on the East Coast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good shop that can help with installing a roof mounted KC zero gravity light bar? I have tried three shops in Maryland that I know and trust and they turned me down. They don’t want to drill into the roof due to rust concerns. I’m willing to travel to VA, PA, NC, NY or anywhere in MD.

I just want it to be done right the first time and willing to travel to make it happen.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THUMPER

Reaction score
I have tried three shops in Maryland that I know and trust and they turned me down. They don’t want to drill into the roof due to rust concerns.

Those 3 shops do know that aluminum doesn't rust ? There probably just afraid to mis-drill which is somewhat understandable if they lack confidence.

NE ford suggested crazyhouse off of RT1 in central jersey, they are close to where I work, very reputable and probably could get it done for you.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We can take care of it for you. The roof installs on the 17-18 raptors are challenging depending on what mount system you are going with. We have done a few.

OP
OP
T

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We can take care of it for you. The roof installs on the 17-18 raptors are challenging depending on what mount system you are going with. We have done a few.

Thanks Dave, I will call you this morning.

OP
OP
T

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. Have a good weekend.

In regards to rust the specific concerns from the body shops were dissimilar metals. I think this can be handled by using aluminum rivets instead of the metal screws provided and coating the bottom of the mount with a rubber barrier such as a thick xpel and a layer of Butyl tape.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good shop that can help with installing a roof mounted KC zero gravity light bar? I have tried three shops in Maryland that I know and trust and they turned me down. They don’t want to drill into the roof due to rust concerns. I’m willing to travel to VA, PA, NC, NY or anywhere in MD.

I just want it to be done right the first time and willing to travel to make it happen.

Thank you.

I use both Eurotech in NJ and Taggart Cars in NC - both would be able to knock this out, and do very solid work