Looking at getting a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

guitar2323

Reaction score
You must be a youngster.tailgate step great.802 a with all the pricy stuff great.

Im far from being a youngster.lol.My main concern about its how well its going to weather.This is going to be my everyday driver,I save my Hellcat for the nice days.Living in the northeast we see plenty of salt in the winter months.Right now I have a 2013 Tacoma that I've kept pretty clean.No rust on the body at all and when I see any rust appear on the under carriage,it gets the spray paint and under coating treatment lol.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like everything in the 802 package.
The t-gate step is worth the price for me, but none of the decal/graphic packages were, so none of that.
Can't stand a sun roof in an off-road truck, and I do take my truck off road...
Tech package offered nothing for me so another $1900 saved..
Did get the spray in bed liner, but I'm a big Line-X fan and can see going that route
Silly option?...for only $125 hell yeah I got the heated rear seats...

I bought my truck in Las Vegas for MSRP, ($66,330) but still had to fork over $7100 to the state of California for tax & registration so by going without the options above I saved about $5500 which went towards the Cal stuff...

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F-ing Cali Raptor Tax. And my wife is trying to move us back there :( But I will go if need be...she pays for my Raptor, LMAO

carguyohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking at getting a Raptor.Im going to order it.What options do you folks think are good and which ones to stay away from?Thanks in advance.

I just ordered mine today.

Options really are personal preference. No one needs any options, hell, no one needs a Raptor. It is about what you want. With that said some functionality that could help some people are

Tailgate step
Tech package if you suck at driving
Drop or spray liner

My preferences were
SCAB
Magnettic
802a
Beadlocks
Sunroof
Tailgate step
Orange accents (was torn between that or carbon fiber, yes you can do both but some of the parts negate each other)
Spray in liner

If you want the stickers do it after. You can buy the stickers and have them installed for less than the options.

I may get lucky as I may jump on a order at the dealer I purchased from that is already in the system. Just depends if they can change one or if they are too far into the process.

And..... -2K off MSRP. Cannot wait to drive it to my local dealer who has ADM and wave. I highly recommend the - MSRP option!

Last edited: