Looking at getting a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
802A no doubt
Tailgate Step - use it often, for the price it cant be beat
No Graphics - do not think it looks good
No Tech Pkg - no need
No Applique - do not think it looks good
No Factory Spray in Bedliner - get LineX and have em do the wheel wells too
Carbon and the Orange interior have no value to to me and I dont think it looks good
Only go with the forged wheels if you plan on keeping them.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
802a is very nice, you'll appreciate it.

I love the teck package and tailgate step. Makes long trips and using the bed so much nicer. The moonroof (granted I have a SCAB) has been flawless even with lots of offroading, and I quite enjoy it.

I skipped on the graphics, beadlock-capable wheels, and CF option. I did get factory spray-on bedliner, and been happy with it. It supposedly doesn't tear up the factory paint there, nor does it cause latch issues. It doesn't cover a part of the tailgate, which means I have some scratches there, but in the end it is a truck. So I'm happy with it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yup,no decals or graphics.I do a little off roading.I think im going to get the 802A package.Thanks for the info.

Of course, how you select the options you pay for is really directly proportional to how you intend to use the truck. If you’re going to use it for a dedicated off road toy that you can drive to various off roading events, 802a is probably a bit much, graphics, etc are going to be wasted on you. But bead lock capable wheels? maybe not. Torsen diff? definitely spring for that. here I would avoid the moon roof.

OTOH, if you’re going to use the truck to commute/work/offroad in some varying percentage favoring street use, 802a has some nice convenience features that you will learn to appreciate.

Tailgate step is great no matter what. It’s not always you who is getting into the bed to retrieve the shovel to help dig someone out, and there’s the ugly injury situation. It’s cool and all to execute a perfect PLF off the bed... Until you’re nursing a leg injury and suddenly that 40” jump isn’t so fun.

I’m not 100% up on the current market, but last I heard there were still knuckleheads out there trying to charge over MSRP for Raptors. Don’t do this, you don’t need to do this and that is wasted money.

You may find a Rap in dealer stock or on dealer order close to what you want, maybe having more extras. These Raptors need love too. Since you’re going to keep for a while, don’t skimp on options and if you have questions, make the sales-bot work for your money and have them demo the features, in a regular F150 if need be.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info gentlemen.Does the Eco boost engine handle 87 octane well?Have any of you had the fender flares painted to match the color of the body?

If you're not towing and don't mind slightly reduced power output, it'll be fine on 87. That said, if I wanted to save money and didn't mind reduced power output, I'd have bought the new Nissan Titan

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hah, although IIRC, they go for about the same as our trucks do :yucky:

Nah, a fully decked out Pro 4X is about 55K and they're selling like ass so they'll negotiate down from there. The XD's are a little more but still well under Raptor pricing, and that's before we even consider ADMs

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here’s what I didn’t prefer. Sun roof , decals , bead locks , tech package , any box liner or extender. Saved 8,000.00 on those