Looking at getting a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking at getting a Raptor.Im going to order it.What options do you folks think are good and which ones to stay away from?Thanks in advance.

That's a very personal preference bud. What you think you need to have and what do you think you could go without?
I didn't need a moonroof, in fact, I despise it. Some folks love it, I simply would not buy a truck/SUV with one.
I must have leather and heated seats, could care less for cooled seats...
Some of those are for example my preferences.
A popular package seem to be the 802A
Good luck with the find!

OP
OP
G

guitar2323

Reaction score
That's a very personal preference bud. What you think you need to have and what do you think you could go without?
I didn't need a moonroof, in fact, I despise it. Some folks love it, I simply would not buy a truck/SUV with one.
I must have leather and heated seats, could care less for cooled seats...
Some of those are for example my preferences.
A popular package seem to be the 802A
Good luck with the find!

Thanks.Im just wondering if certain ones are gimmicky.Like the step in the tailgate.Id use it from time to time, but does it weather well?I plan on keeping the truck for a few years.Are the ramps worth it?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are no "bad" options, except for maybe the stickers where are a complete waste of money. Tt really comes down to personal preference and budget.

Do you plan going off road? If so you'll want the Torsen front diff. This is included in the 802A package. If you don't want all the bells and whistles of the 802A package, you can equip the Torsen diff as a stand alone option.

Everything else, you can pretty much look at online and figure out if it's something you want or not.

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.Im just wondering if certain ones are gimmicky.Like the step in the tailgate.Id use it from time to time, but does it weather well?I plan on keeping the truck for a few years.Are the ramps worth it?

I would not know, mine didn't have them. There are quite a few folks who do and I am sure they will chime in.

OP
OP
G

guitar2323

Reaction score
There are no "bad" options, except for maybe the stickers where are a complete waste of money. Tt really comes down to personal preference and budget.

Do you plan going off road? If so you'll want the Torsen front diff. This is included in the 802A package. If you don't want all the bells and whistles of the 802A package, you can equip the Torsen diff as a stand alone option.

Everything else, you can pretty much look at online and figure out if it's something you want or not.

Yup,no decals or graphics.I do a little off roading.I think im going to get the 802A package.Thanks for the info.

Lift_to_suceed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my 2018 supercab about 2 months ago and i got the 802a package, moonroof, and the rear tailgate applique delete. Love all the options but i didn't get the technology package seemed unnecessary for a Raptor. But man the cooled seats are wicked!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each there own. Mine is 3 days old. 802A with technology package and graphics. My 2 pittbulls and daughter love the panoramic roof.

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everyone knows the 800a aka the poverty Raptor is the best raptor.

the tailgate step is fine if you're older and don't like climbing in your bed. I had it starting back in 09 when it first came out on my platinum f150 but never really used it. I found it quicker just to jump in the bed then pull it out.

Honestly it just really depends on your budget and what you want to spend. You can build out a Raptor to over 73k or just get a base supercab for 50k. I would just go for whatever Raptor you can get the best deal on