Looking for a GEN 2 in SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for "buy it out of state"

I found my truck in AZ using Raptor finder. Made the deal, drove my old truck there...Already had a price from CarMax on my trade-in. Told the dealership what I wanted for the trade and that I already had a deal at CarMax if they didn't want it.

Easy.... Dropped off the '13 FX4, got in the RAPTOR and drove home. :D
You have to pay any delta in sales tax, get a smog and get the truck weighed but that was worth saving 15K off SoCal prices! ;)

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you left SoCal too!
Raptors costing more here has nothing to do with taxes, its supply and demand. If California is communist for having dealers adding adm to Raptors, many other states are communists as well.
I drove from California to Michigan last month and looked for a deal along the way. I did not stop at every Ford dealer, but every dealer I did stop at had a 10-20k adm. I did find one in Ohio at MSRP, and I purchased it.
It was a great drive, almost 6k miles in total round trip.
Lol. Clearly you have never worked at a dealer! I have, several in fact. The facts are the communists, aka democrats are taxing companies more than ever in California. Making profit margins thinner and thinner! So yes supply and demand is a large part but also dealers are trying to maximize profits due to heavy taxation and other factors. Have you ever been to Torrance Ca? Toyota Headquarters used to be there along with 10k employees! It took up an entire city block! Guess where they relocated? Yup, Texas. It saved them hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes alone to move and that's not the only company fleeing Ca! So im glad you love Cali. But it is the titanic, you just havent realized its sinking yet!

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Clearly you have never worked at a dealer! I have, several in fact. The facts are the communists, aka democrats are taxing companies more than ever in California. Making profit margins thinner and thinner! So yes supply and demand is a large part but also dealers are trying to maximize profits due to heavy taxation and other factors. Have you ever been to Torrance Ca? Toyota Headquarters used to be there along with 10k employees! It took up an entire city block! Guess where they relocated? Yup, Texas. It saved them hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes alone to move and that's not the only company fleeing Ca! So im glad you love Cali. But it is the titanic, you just havent realized its sinking yet!

I have not worked at a dealership since I was a kid in school!
The fact that so many other states charge an adm negates your communist comment, unless they all are. It's purely supply and demand.
Texas has been a second home to me since 1969, but California remains my first home.
Cali isn't doing too badly, but I know how Texans love to bash us.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.hous...eps-bashing-California-but-Texas-11202452.php

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Team Ford in Vegas. They're devoted to selling at msrp and sell tons of trucks to Californians. Not just Raptor's but super dutys as well.
I bought my 2012 Raptor there and my 2017 should be ready for me to pick it up this weekend. Fly up 1 way for under 100 bucks and drive her home.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not worked at a dealership since I was a kid in school!
The fact that so many other states charge an adm negates your communist comment, unless they all are. It's purely supply and demand.
Texas has been a second home to me since 1969, but California remains my first home.
Cali isn't doing too badly, but I know how Texans love to bash us.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.hous...eps-bashing-California-but-Texas-11202452.php

Well technically im more a cali! I was born in cali, 1974, and ive lived there up intil last year, so 40 plus years. Ive only lived in Texas 1 year now so maybe im seeing things through rose colored glasses? In the 40 years i lived there though a lot has changed and imho not for the better. The article you linked was interesting but i think some truths are being stretched. Either way glad you still like cali! Im enjoying Texas along with no state income tax and my 40 round magazine for my AR 15! Original poster, go out of state, youll find one!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 3 Raptors I can do much better on they are just not CA emissions ready. I have sold 2 others so I know there is a work around...... Call me if interested 615-708-5425

Just to clarify - All Raptors come with the SAME EMISSIONS. The CA emission option is a paper only option. Really stupid that Ford doesn't just put the same paper work on every window sticker.

nofire

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried like hell to get a dealership in SoCal to sell me one at MSRP. I laughed in their faces when they told me the mark ups and asked if I at least got a reach around. lol.

I ended up buying from a dealership in TX and driving it back. Best road trip I've ever taken!