Looking for a GEN 2 in SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol i believe you may look at it like i am part of the problem with the adm. either way you look at it is really irrelevant though. i got the exact build i wanted at a price i was willing to pay. and i didn't go through the hassle of ordering another truck either. so far there are 2 of my exact build and i got the first one built. and yes i am using it as designed, no pavement princess here. got scratches and trail adjustments already. it is just a truck i wanted and will replace if it gets totaled. for me going out of state wasn't an option. that is why i said a convenience fee.

also i know about the dealers buying out of state and adding to the msrp. ken grody told me that is what they were doing and that is why the couldn't accept my offer.

Good for you. You paid money you'll never get back but "it's just a truck you wanted" so you can justify it til the cows come home.

Who cares how you use it or if it has scratches on it. You paid thousands over sticker for a truck you could've bought at MSRP.

FYI: I bought one at MSRP - got a loaded SuperCrew with virtually every option in a color I wanted. I drove it back home and made stops at some of the most beautiful parks in the world. All at MSRP.

The DRis

Reaction score
Another for "buy out of state". I just ordered through Bob Hurley in OK. Not sure if I'll truck it out or fly out and drive it back. Most likely going to drive. Donna was amazing and knows her stuff. PM me for her contact info.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you. You paid money you'll never get back but "it's just a truck you wanted" so you can justify it til the cows come home.

Who cares how you use it or if it has scratches on it. You paid thousands over sticker for a truck you could've bought at MSRP.

FYI: I bought one at MSRP - got a loaded SuperCrew with virtually every option in a color I wanted. I drove it back home and made stops at some of the most beautiful parks in the world. All at MSRP.

lol i guess the difference is you bought an investment that you hope to get money back on, i bought a toy i can destroy or pass on to my kids. even at msrp u may never get your money back. you just stand to lose less. 10k over 5-10 years isn't any more noticeable then the price difference between an 800 scab and a 802 screw. my way of looking at it can be called justification, but only relevant to my family and budget. it would have been nice to be able to go out of state and pay mrsp. but the hassle wasn't worth it to us.

had i not found the truck i wanted at the price i was willing to pay, i was just gonna do an icon stage 4 on my 14 lariat hd and call it good. and that would have been "wasted" money too cause i would never get the cash back either. lol

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
I got mine local at sticker but if that wasn't an option, and I had to fly, buy and drive I'd would have looked at it as a great way to see our country.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine local at sticker but if that wasn't an option, and I had to fly, buy and drive I'd would have looked at it as a great way to see our country.

That's the way I looked at it. I got to see some countryside and eat some amazing food along the way. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So glad i left Socal. I kind of understand why they mark them up there with all the tax burdens placed on them by the communist run state government, but i hope they get stuck with a bunch of 2017's especially now that the 2018's are coming soon. I live in Texas now and was able to get one at msrp. If i was you, i would get one out of state, then enjoy the ride home in your new truck! Best road trip ever if i had to guess:) or better yet, just dont go back to cali:)

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So glad i left Socal. I kind of understand why they mark them up there with all the tax burdens placed on them by the communist run state government, but i hope they get stuck with a bunch of 2017's especially now that the 2018's are coming soon. I live in Texas now and was able to get one at msrp. If i was you, i would get one out of state, then enjoy the ride home in your new truck! Best road trip ever if i had to guess:) or better yet, just dont go back to cali:)

I'm glad you left SoCal too!
Raptors costing more here has nothing to do with taxes, its supply and demand. If California is communist for having dealers adding adm to Raptors, many other states are communists as well.
I drove from California to Michigan last month and looked for a deal along the way. I did not stop at every Ford dealer, but every dealer I did stop at had a 10-20k adm. I did find one in Ohio at MSRP, and I purchased it.
It was a great drive, almost 6k miles in total round trip.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you left SoCal too!
Raptors costing more here has nothing to do with taxes, its supply and demand. If California is communist for having dealers adding adm to Raptors, many other states are communists as well.
I drove from California to Michigan last month and looked for a deal along the way. I did not stop at every Ford dealer, but every dealer I did stop at had a 10-20k adm. I did find one in Ohio at MSRP, and I purchased it.
It was a great drive, almost 6k miles in total round trip.

atleast you had the option to take the ride. a 3yo and 6yo prevents me from doing the same. i got them to where i can ride for about 6 hrs with just ***** breaks and food.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
atleast you had the option to take the ride. a 3yo and 6yo prevents me from doing the same. i got them to where i can ride for about 6 hrs with just ***** breaks and food.

I've been making the drive to Michigan yearly with my kiddo since she was 4 months old. She is 10 now and an excellent navigator.
Two kids would be a deal breaker for me too!