Little Bouncy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reccdog

Reaction score
Sup guys,

1st week with white screw, it is my 1st Ford.. I have to say it's very sweet.. Extremely solid... Steering is spot on.. And power for days... I'm coming from a Ram sport e Borlas and I'm pleased with her exhaust note...
Anyway my 1st lil shall wee say dislike... Is it's a bit Bouncy.... I understand she is an off road machine.. But to my taste it is a lil floaty.. Especially at high speeds on highway.. Compared to my Ram w 5100 bilstiens.

Is this because of the massive tires? N huge sidewalls? I know I'll get flamed here but I think I would have preferred 20s with a lil stiffer side... Just my taste / feel for the road. I have seen some older Raptors w 20s and it looks bad ass to me.

Would this help the Bouncy / float feel a bit?

But again this is a small lil observation... The awesomeness of this truck in all other aspects is a plus that out weighs this.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I came from a car, and haven’t had a truck since I sold my Lightning in 2009. The ride is a feature, not a bug. Give it time to adapt to the vehicle before you go changing anything. The truck has a foot of suspension travel with progressively damped shocks, so it’s a little “floaty” by design. I’d be hesitant to go to bigger wheels yet as you’ll be adding a bunch of rotating mass and may need some upgrades to the brakes.

I find that I can still dice through traffic, but need ... shall we say... larger gaps to to so :)

Give it some saddle time before making a judgement on the handling, it definitely backed off my driving a bit at first.

OP
OP
R

reccdog

Reaction score
Yes I agree,, I'm Deff not changing anything at the moment..
Was just curious... As I have never owned a fully off road machine like this with such big sidewalls on a tire... Again it's not terrible just a lil. ..noticeable
And actually around corners it's much tighter than my Ram sport. Go figure

The acceleration is obnoxious fun

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off road first

Way too big tires for rims second, ideally you'd have a 9-10" or even larger rim on a 315 tire but trade off is off road manners

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also carry a few bags of concrete in the bed and it'll keep the rear down a bit more. :)

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't put 20's on your raptor

Agreed, 22s or ****

Kidding, not mine, to each his own

1FTFW1RG1HFA51028-108.jpg

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Agreed, 22s or ****

Kidding, not mine, to each his own

1FTFW1RG1HFA51028-108.jpg

[emoji23][emoji23]. Blows my mind that people buy these long traveled beasts to turn around and lift them on 22's. Save yourself 20k and buy a lariat stick a couple raptor badges on it and show your friends how cool you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

reccdog

Reaction score
Lol don't derail me....

Absolutely would not. 22"

Was only slightly. Asking if the wheels and huge tires was a contributing force behind a lil floaty feel.

I actually love the look of the tires now on her.. Looks like a military. Crusher we could use rolling in Afghanistan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter