List of Raptor VINs w/ Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
List of Raptor VINs w/ Specs + How to Find a Raptor on a Dealer Lot

A few weeks ago I built a tool that scanned autotrader.com and cars.com to get a list of Raptor listings. I took the VINs from those listings and looked them up on Ford's ETIS system and then broke down the specs by options. I put all that on a website so people could use it to find a Raptor on a dealer lot with a certain set of specs. After scanning for a few weeks I realized that there's a pattern to the VINs. I looked up how VINs are structured and figured I could scan a certain range of possible VINs in a reasonable amount of time and have a relatively complete list of Raptor VINs. So, I updated my tool to include the full list I scanned.

With this information you can do all sorts of mostly useless things like figure out how many Raptors came with moonroofs, how many were built in February with beadlock wheels, how many were shipped to Kuwait, and more! And as always, if you click the checkbox marked "For Sale" it will limit the results to only VINs that are listed on cars.com and/or autotrader.com. Keep in mind others my be "on sale", but not on those two sites (hint: you can Google VINs to sometimes find the dealer website).

Please note that the only information I have comes from Ford's ETIS system (https://www.etis.ford.com). That system doesn't seem to show build dates that are in the future (only in the past). So, if you were given a build date a month from now it will likely still show as pending. That doesn't mean your build date is wrong, just that I don't have access to it.

Check out the link at www.raptorfinder.com. Hope this information proves useful or at the very least entertaining while we wait for our Raptors to be delivered. If you notice any problems let me know.

Last edited:

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
132 built before October 2016? That doesn't seem right since Ford doesn't sell test mules.

OP
OP
P

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
132 built before October 2016? That doesn't seem right since Ford doesn't sell test mules.

Just because they're on that list doesn't mean they were sold. Just means they're in the range of predicted VINs and they're in the ETIS system.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because they're on that list doesn't mean they were sold. Just means they're in the range of predicted VINs and they're in the ETIS system.

That makes more sense. Nice work on the list. I was surprised to See that Avalanche wasn't the highest production color.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I built a tool that scanned autotrader.com and cars.com to get a list of Raptor listings. I took the VINs from those listings and looked them up on Ford's ETIS system and then broke down the specs by options. I put all that on a website so people could use it to find a Raptor on a dealer lot with a certain set of specs.

After scanning for a few weeks I realized that there's a pattern to the VINs. I looked up how VINs are structured and figured I could scan a certain range of possible VINs in a reasonable amount of time and have a relatively complete list of Raptor VINs. So, I updated my tool to include the full list I scanned.

With this information you can do all sorts of mostly useless things like figure out how many Raptors came with moonroofs, how many were built in February with beadlock wheels, how many were shipped to Kuwait, and more! And as always, if you click the checkbox marked "For Sale" it will limit the results to only VINs that are listed on cars.com and/or autotrader.com. Keep in mind others my be "on sale", but not on those two sites (hint: you can Google VINs to sometimes find the dealer website).

One last thing -- I only list the unscheduled builds (i.e. - PENDING under "Built" column) when they are also listed for sale. There are over 4,000 VINs in the ETIS system that are unscheduled that I did not want to list to confuse things. It makes me think they've generated the VINs for every allocation already and just assign them once an order is pulled.

Hope this information proves useful or at the very least entertaining while we wait for our Raptors to be delivered.

Check out the link here. If you notice any problems let me know.

Damn dude impressive. Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thorleif

Reaction score
This is pretty slick!!

What does a May 2016 build indicate, exactly? There's one VIN that matches my order and I was told by my dealer that Ford picked it up last week, but FB chat said there are no updates.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Helps curious folks like me that are in "unscheduled" limbo stay busy......

My exact truck was built 2/15....someone has good taste....and better luck.

Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is fascinating data. Nice job.

I checked all the option of my truck and my VIN showed up. Interesting that only 2 units, including mine, exist in my exact configuration.

I went through all of the countries as well and it looks like there are only two trucks in the world exactly like mine. I was the only one to order one in my exact configuration as the other windows sticker is not a special order.

On closer inspection the other unit didn't have the spray in Bed liner or the hard tonneau cover so mine is one of a kind! :)

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is pretty slick!!

What does a May 2016 build indicate, exactly? There's one VIN that matches my order and I was told by my dealer that Ford picked it up last week, but FB chat said there are no updates.

Brother, go to Ford.com and ask the chat person. Give them your VIN and ask for an update. They have given me some good info.