Line-x putting their advertisement in the bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sitting here at Line-x a bit frustrated. I just had my bedliner done..looks great..and as they are putting in the hardware, they slap on an advertisement with their website etc, with permanent adhesive! I was not notified or asked prior. They have some oddly concocted shpiel trying to call their advertisement a 'warranty tag'...even though of course your receipt is your warranty.. a pretty thinly veiled advertisement is all it is..and it sticks out like a sore thumb. They said it cant be removed without messing up the linex, and that the only way to make it right is to respray it. They're not willing to cover the cost to make it right, their defense being that 'they do it to every truck and nobody has complained'.

What are your thoughts on this? Its not in my nature to be a complainer but I KNOW it will bother me every time I see it in my bed... I dont want to post a pic or the business name just yet because I want to give them a bit more chance to make it right.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine done a couple weeks ago and they did not put anything like that on it. They even left off the yellow sticker that they normally put on your rear window, probably since they knew it was a nice truck. You should definitely make them remove it on their dime. Tell them that all other customers have the exact same warranty but never needed the permanent sticker. Also can you post some pics?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I had asked them before spraying to not put anything in the bed, but to put their yellow sticker on the back window (so I could peel it off moments after leaving). This ensured they wouldn't put anything in the bed, since they were still getting the advertising.

I've also seen them put the line-x badge on prior to spraying, and then spraying over it, looked pretty good.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sitting here at Line-x a bit frustrated. I just had my bedliner done..looks great..and as they are putting in the hardware, they slap on an advertisement with their website etc, with permanent adhesive! I was not notified or asked prior. They have some oddly concocted shpiel trying to call their advertisement a 'warranty tag'...even though of course your receipt is your warranty.. a pretty thinly veiled advertisement is all it is..and it sticks out like a sore thumb. They said it cant be removed without messing up the linex, and that the only way to make it right is to respray it. They're not willing to cover the cost to make it right, their defense being that 'they do it to every truck and nobody has complained'.

What are your thoughts on this? Its not in my nature to be a complainer but I KNOW it will bother me every time I see it in my bed... I dont want to post a pic or the business name just yet because I want to give them a bit more chance to make it right.

Need pics to know level of outrage pls.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't allow them to put anything like that on my truck. Absolutely not.

OP
OP
L

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not want to post pictures because I didn't want to give any bad press before they had a full opportunity to take care of me. I'm not sure exactly their process because he claims some of the portions of how Line-X is applied is proprietary but in some form or fashion he managed to remove the 'warranty tag' , and ' build it back up'. All I know is that it is off of there and the bed liner looks good. After talking with them the second time they claimed that they were not worried the Line-X would come off with the adhesive but rather the color as it's a color matched Line-X. Unless I told you where it was you would never see it at this point so I am a happy customer and despite the frustration, they did make it right so I can't complain too much. The quality of the work is really good. Oh well, I guess this situation resolved itself but at least hopefully it is a useful heads up to other folks who may want to request that no badges or other things or permanently affixed to their bed liner.