Limited Production - No 2018 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mor3Truck

Reaction score
I could have sworn...

I had a deposit for the "first" raptor to hit SA, TX, but that was a bunch of B.S. as several arrived earlier and were sold by the time the one I had reserved arrived. Needless to say, I didn't purchase it due to the mark-up and the fact that they misled me - one of the earlier deliveries was actually the color I wanted more.

Anyway, I could have sworn that I hear Ford's CEO (during a presentation) say that "Anyone that wants a Raptor this time around will get one" as it won't be a limited production run, but I can't seem to find that anywhere. What I did find is Ford's Q/A where they state...

How many Raptors will you build? Is the Raptor a limited-production vehicle? We will build enough Raptors to meet customer demand, but it is a low-volume vehicle built for off-road enthusiasts.

https://www.at.ford.com/content/dam/atford/archive/2015_NA/Jan/NAIAS/Raptor QandA.pdf

Paying MSRP is hard enough - I will never pay an extra mark-up!!!!!!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
You need a better dealer or salesperson. Talk to a Fleet Mgr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a deposit for the "first" raptor to hit SA, TX, but that was a bunch of B.S. as several arrived earlier and were sold by the time the one I had reserved arrived. Needless to say, I didn't purchase it due to the mark-up and the fact that they misled me - one of the earlier deliveries was actually the color I wanted more.

Anyway, I could have sworn that I hear Ford's CEO (during a presentation) say that "Anyone that wants a Raptor this time around will get one" as it won't be a limited production run, but I can't seem to find that anywhere. What I did find is Ford's Q/A where they state...

How many Raptors will you build? Is the Raptor a limited-production vehicle? We will build enough Raptors to meet customer demand, but it is a low-volume vehicle built for off-road enthusiasts.

https://www.at.ford.com/content/dam/atford/archive/2015_NA/Jan/NAIAS/Raptor QandA.pdf

Paying MSRP is hard enough - I will never pay an extra mark-up!!!!!!
So really it comes down to how you define customer demand.

I never believed that Ford was going to build them for anyone that wants one. It is low volume, which means that demand will stay elevated. They want to keep them desirable and that means they don't want 20 sitting on a dealers lot being sold at huge discounts when the year end rolls around. I would estimate production numbers to be similar or slightly higher than 2014. Sadly, with almost 2 years of hype and a lack of information, dealers are going to try to soak as much profit as they can out of every one they sell. Some markets will always be worse because of the demographics. My dealer wanted $3K ADM but I paid MSRP. Deals are out there if you look for them. Don't be afraid to walk away or wait for a dealer inventory stock truck they need to move. At the end of the day, you have to be okay with the cost, whether its $10K ADM or $1K over invoice.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please share which dealership you purchased from? I can't find a single dealership that would sell MSRP.
Got mine at Dave Sinclair Ford in St. Louis. Took some haggling to get them down from the $3K ADM. I don't know if they still have any allocations left but you could give them a try.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you trust an internet forum like this over the official dealer salesperson? Plus talking to the internet salesman for the dealer, that's a double whammy right there. Dealer + internet > internet by itself.