Limited or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slmfast

Reaction score
Can we put this to rest? I have heard over and over that Ford will build as many Raptors as people want to buy. I also hear that dealers get allocated a finite number. Which is it? Can a dealer order as many as they want once they sell their allocations? Somebody has to know the real answer. This knowledge would greatly help leverage our negotiations for people who want to buy one but do not want to pay 20k+ over MSRP.

theOracle13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not a limited production vehicle. Ford will build as many as they have orders for. Dealers have an allocation right now because it is not possible for everyone to get a new Raptor as soon as it is released. Once this mad rush passes nobody will have trouble getting their hands on one.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought they said they were producing a fixed number, but the number was going to be high enough to meet demand.

The whole issue is that they got completely overwhelmed with demand and that is what is creating what we are seeing.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No one knows for sure at this point. I contacted probably 20 dealers and every single one said they only get so many this year and if they were out of allocations they had a list for 2018 starting.

Ford needs to communicate but they pretty much fail on this issue.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Betting it's not limited by anything other than what they can sell. Everyone who wants one will likely get a chance to get one. Nobody got left out in the cold last generation, can't imagine them changing that up. Dealers are going to lie and tell you there's a limited number because it keep the hype up.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This question has been asked countless times already.

Ford IS NOT building as many Raptor as people order.

We were given an allocation at the start of the year. That is ALL we are getting for this year. Current word is next year will be handled THE SAME WAY. I can order as many Raptors as I want, but only 4 of them will get built since that's all the allocation we have.

Ford isn't going to open the flood gates on these trucks. They will build pretty many but they don't want it to get to the point where there are several of them sitting on dealers lots.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This question has been asked countless times already.

Ford IS NOT building as many Raptor as people order.

We were given an allocation at the start of the year. That is ALL we are getting for this year. Current word is next year will be handled THE SAME WAY. I can order as many Raptors as I want, but only 4 of them will get built since that's all the allocation we have.

Ford isn't going to open the flood gates on these trucks. They will build pretty many but they don't want it to get to the point where there are several of them sitting on dealers lots.

I think the point being made is that everyone is sick and tired of Ford's "current word". Make a ******* plan and stick to it kinda stuff. If they didn't mean to say that everyone that wanted one will get one, then issue a statement retracting it.

I'm not even in the market for one of the Gen2's, and it straight ****** me off the shenanigans that they are playing with the one's that do.

But, I would guess, that most of the mis-information is coming from dealers just fanning the hype fire. Any truth to that statement?

philomega15

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what things will look like in a few months. There are lots of people who have Raptor orders that either have their early build trucks sitting in limbo or haven't been assigned a VIN yet. These folks are buying up all the dealer stock orders and early deliveries because they want their truck now (rightly so - if you ordered early, you should get your truck before dealer stock). However, that leaves an unsold truck once their previously ordered vehicle comes in. The Raptor is hot right now and it will probably sell but this may leave Raptors sitting on lots unsold, especially small dealers in more rural areas, where a vehicle like that may not sell as easily

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the point being made is that everyone is sick and tired of Ford's "current word". Make a ******* plan and stick to it kinda stuff. If they didn't mean to say that everyone that wanted one will get one, then issue a statement retracting it.

I'm not even in the market for one of the Gen2's, and it straight ****** me off the shenanigans that they are playing with the one's that do.

But, I would guess, that most of the mis-information is coming from dealers just fanning the hype fire. Any truth to that statement?

I'm assuming by "current world" you're referring to the delays and retrofits of these trucks. Ford is still close to being on track of when they hoped to get these trucks out on the road. This situation happens with almost every new unit launch. It's just that the Raptor is a much higher profile vehicle with very passionate buyers who are extremely anxious to get their trucks. That's why the issues with delays for this product launch have been more publicized. Just to name a few current vehicles that we've had some pretty significant delays on their launch was the 15' F150, Focus RS & the 17' Super Duty.

So even though it's been a painfull wait for most of us Ford is still on track with their projected release.

I do agree with you that most of the misinformation is coming from the dealership level. Ford doesn't make any of the info readily available to us regarding delays or "retrofits". We have to work for the little bit of information that we do get.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@03'Darin thats the most frustrating part, is that Ford doesn't even make easy for you guys to get the info.

Still no eta on my truck. Now sitting for over two months in area59