Levelling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lwlandy

Reaction score
Expecting my new 2018 SCREW in a couple of weeks and have been reading up on lots of mods folk have made and also aftermarket stuff available.

I like the level stance rather than the factory rake, so this is one of the things I intend to work on as soon as I get the truck. It seems that there are a few options now available to achieve the goal, but one thing I am not completely clear on is what is the actual difference in height from front to rear from the factory?

I see a number of folk using 1.5" collars on the front, but I see there are now Eibach springs that state they are +2.5. I am leaning towards the springs but wondering if I will also need to do something at the rear to get it level?

Thanks for any advice,

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know have them installed but I read on here I believe that if Useing those springs the guy added deavers +3 to even the truck out. Supposedly that brings the rear up 1 inch and then it’s level with those springs. But don’t hold me to it. And one guy said it rode a lot stiffer so he took them off but for off roading a lot I bet they would be great either way. I currently also want to level my truck and will probably just do the 1.5 in front

OP
OP
L

Lwlandy

Reaction score
I don’t know have them installed but I read on here I believe that if Useing those springs the guy added deavers +3 to even the truck out. Supposedly that brings the rear up 1 inch and then it’s level with those springs. But don’t hold me to it. And one guy said it rode a lot stiffer so he took them off but for off roading a lot I bet they would be great either way. I currently also want to level my truck and will probably just do the 1.5 in front

Thanks Msb, yes it seems there is a lot of information out there (much of it conflicting). I wasn't really looking to do Deavers at the rear too although the more I read up, it seems that they may be a good investment. Truck will be my daily driver (so looking for good on road manners) but will see some off-road too.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I’m in same boat, we don’t really have many baja runs here in NC so which ever way I go will not hurt me.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I was gonna just do a 10 in lift kit but I think I will do the 1.5 instead:)

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, seems like what I've read that 1.5-1.75" in the front is the sweet spot for level. I'm torn between the SVC and RPG, both adjustable. SVC you need the nitrogen recharge to install which seems to be a pain to find a shop to do.

MikeH

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the ICON kit set at 1.5", then I changed it to the max 2.25.

In my opinion, 2.25 is the way to go.

MikeH

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that looks like the rear needs to come up about an inch to me, getting a better idea of what I need to do though, thanks for the pics.

Its all personal preference. +3 Deavers with 2.25 and you'll be good.

Last edited: