Is this Lead Foot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omar510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since there isn't lithium in the 2018 f150 order guide, is this lead foot?

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81351&page=6

SuperAirDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is Leadfoot on the color chart.

I would guess that is probably Leadfoot on the F150 shown, but like Avalanche Grey, it looks different depending on lighting. And there are a bunch of different light sources on that display.

Attachments

• LEADFOOT.jpg
    LEADFOOT.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 615

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is Leadfoot on the color chart.

I would guess that is probably Leadfoot on the F150 shown, but like Avalanche Grey, it looks different depending on lighting. And there are a bunch of different light sources on that display.

I disagree.

Leadfoot, just like Avalanche Gray, is an exclusive color to Ford Performance vehicles. You will not find LF on an F150, just as you will not find Avalanche Gray on an F150.

AG and LF will only be seen on the GT350, Raptor and maybe the Focus RS.

Besides, that color (from the link) is entirely too light compared to LF. That color in the pic is nearly the same as the wheels.

Not LF.

DANACO

Reaction score
Go to Ford's 18' F 150 site, there's a picture of one there in LF grey.

SuperAirDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree.

Leadfoot, just like Avalanche Gray, is an exclusive color to Ford Performance vehicles. You will not find LF on an F150, just as you will not find Avalanche Gray on an F150.

Besides, that color (from the link) is entirely too light compared to LF. That color in the pic is nearly the same as the wheels.

Not LF.

Looking at the color chart I attached, underneath the color Leadfoot it says F150. That may mean the Raptor, but on the other colors they are pretty model specific.

The LF even looks darker on the chart than pics I've seen of LF on the GT350. So I think lighting plays a big role. I also don't see a non metallic grey color on the MY18 color chart close to the F150 in question so not sure what it would be if not LF. Maybe a one off for the show? They did that with race red for a 2017 display Raptor so that might be the case.

SuperAirDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both side by side, F150 in questioin vs LF GT350...looks pretty close to me:biggrin: Different lighting obviously natural sunlight vs fluorescent/halogen.

Attachments

• 18F150.jpg
    18F150.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 354
  • 18GT350.jpg
    18GT350.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to Ford's 18' F 150 site, there's a picture of one there in LF grey.

LOL....that pic is not LF. It was the promo pic of a 2017 Raptor in AG. This was discussed a few months ago as to why Ford has a pic of a 2017 AG Raptor but has it labeled as LF.

OP
OP
O

omar510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree.

Not LF.

Per the 2018 F150 Appearance guide (last page), Lead foot is available on special edition and sport trims.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2018-appearance-guide-385988/

SuperAirDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the above pictured F150 appears to be a Lariat Special Edition Package (61L), shown on page 13 of the appearance guide. So it would be available in Leadfoot.

SuperAirDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL....that pic is not LF. It was the promo pic of a 2017 Raptor in AG. This was discussed a few months ago as to why Ford has a pic of a 2017 AG Raptor but has it labeled as LF.

I think DANACO was referring to this pic which appears to be Magnetic, not the Raptor pic discussed previously.

Attachments

• IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 172