large deposit - sound wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sausage_time

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been on here a while, looking to find a dealer in MA who's actually willing to do an order at MSRP (the dealers around boston are all still charging 10k over). So I talked to a dealer on the weekend who claimed to have an allocation, and they could place an order immediately, but I would need to put 10k down as a deposit.

They sent me a two documents - A "order preview" which says "this order has not been submitted" and a Purchase Agreement. From what i can see, the purchase agreement does not allow me to get my deposit back once both parties have signed.

Does this sound like the same process other people are going through to get their raptors?

Last edited:

BudTX

Reaction score
The purchase agreement wording sounds like the one that I signed when I ordered mine.

My deposit was a hell of a lot less, though.

OP
OP
S

sausage_time

Reaction score
thanks for your quick response

yeah, if it was 1k or maybe even 2k i wouldn't be so worried. I can't see anything on the agreement that says when they have to get it to me, so i'm worried they might not really have an allocation, and be saying to me in 6 months "it's coming, your order is next"

18LeadfootNNJ

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been on here a while, looking to find a dealer in MA who's actually willing to do an order at MSRP (the dealers around boston are all still charging 10k over). So I talked to a dealer on the weekend who claimed to have an allocation, and they could place an order immediately, but I would need to put 10k down as a deposit.

They sent me a two documents - A "order preview" which says "this order has not been submitted" and a Purchase Agreement. From what i can see, the purchase agreement does not allow me to get my deposit back once both parties have signed.

Does this sound like the same process other people are going through to get their raptors?

Had a dealer in NJ order me one WITH NOTHING DOWN. My car was scheduled for November delivery. Fully loaded minus the bead locks. One came in EXACTLY like I ordered it 2 weeks ago but with the bead locks. They called me, asked me to take a look at the truck and if I liked it, I had first dibs. This 10k over sticker is so retarded. There are still a few dealers doing this in NJ, I laughed and walked away from the dealers with their "market price adjustment +10k" stickers next to the factory stickers.

Just my .02 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10k is ridiculous! Ask for a good rate of return on that while you wait for your truck to arrive.