Lane keeping thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I have only figured out to set the lane keeping setting on either warning or assist. Both settings I can’t stand. On assist setting it feels like it’s always trying to drive for me and i have to use the blinker to change lanes or I have to force the truck over. The warning setting only the truck does some kind of vibration when I’m near the edge or center line. I just want to be able to drive it like a normal vehicle like I’ve always done with my other trucks. I don’t want any warning , it steering for me or any vibration letting me know I’m running off the road. Is their away to turn all of this off? I’ve tryed but I can’t seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I have only figured out to set the lane keeping setting on either warning or assist. Both settings I can’t stand. On assist setting it feels like it’s always trying to drive for me and i have to use the blinker to change lanes or I have to force the truck over. The warning setting only the truck does some kind of vibration when I’m near the edge or center line. I just want to be able to drive it like a normal vehicle like I’ve always done with my other trucks. I don’t want any warning , it steering for me or any vibration letting me know I’m running off the road. Is their away to turn all of this off? I’ve tryed but I can’t seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance

There should be a button to cut it off or on, on the center console between the shifter and the console box. That it where it’s at on my 17.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be a button to cut it off or on, on the center console between the shifter and the console box. That it where it’s at on my 17.
Thx I’m goin to look now. So far I just been messing with the settings in the dash

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this disabled the lane keeping thing completely?

Attachments

• 46F71659-BCE4-46EA-9B5E-61C1493B5180.jpg
    46F71659-BCE4-46EA-9B5E-61C1493B5180.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well shoot I missed the button with my pic, but their is a button their by shifter

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Thanks for helping me. It was driving me nuts today coming all way home from the beach

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well shoot I missed the button with my pic, but their is a button their by shifter

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Thanks for helping me. It was driving me nuts today coming all way home from the beach

No worries. We all need a little help every now and then. Did you drive on the the beach any? What beach where you at?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
i have to use the blinker to change lanes or I have to force the truck over.

I expect this from someone from NJ, not NC !

I got the assist and warning more frequently when I first started driving the truck because it is significantly wider.... Apologies... “bigger framed” than my previous ride. I find that there’s a few places where the system balks unnecessarily but otherwise does it’s job without interfering with my driving.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disabled the assist portion of it but the alert doesn’t bother me too much. Sometimes it’s helpful other times it’s easy to ignore. I’ve only had the truck 3 days and already learned to ignore it.

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to echo a thanks to the guys here. I was going to take mine in because it wasn't working. I had it set to warning with medium sensitivity in the settings on the dash but nothing. I had no idea there was that button by the shifter. I will check it out when I leave work tonight but I'm betting that's why it wasn't working.