Lane Keep Assist Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting errors with their lane keep assist? I have had 2 in the past couple weeks. The Ford Pass app says "The lane keeping system has detected either a system fault or an obstructed front camera". Under the 'What should I do' tab, it says to clean the windshield and move any accumulation of debris from the front camera.

I do not have any dirt or anything in front of the front camera, however, I should mention that both mornings that it happened, I did have dew on my windshield which I did wipe off with the wipers. Should I have sprayed some windshield washer fluid on to clear that off so that the front camera gets cleaned too?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Behind review on the windshield

Anyone else getting errors with their lane keep assist? I have had 2 in the past couple weeks. The Ford Pass app says "The lane keeping system has detected either a system fault or an obstructed front camera". Under the 'What should I do' tab, it says to clean the windshield and move any accumulation of debris from the front camera.

I do not have any dirt or anything in front of the front camera, however, I should mention that both mornings that it happened, I did have dew on my windshield which I did wipe off with the wipers. Should I have sprayed some windshield washer fluid on to clear that off so that the front camera gets cleaned too?

The LKA module is located in that plastic housing behind you rear view mirror. Make sure the wipers are actually clearing away that area. If not, you may have to do it manually. LKA is not associated with your forward facing camera on the grill.

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that tidbit. I will check that out. I have went ahead and scheduled to bring the truck into the dealer for them to look at, but if there is something obvious that is obstructing it, I will just clear it myself and skip the dealer. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, nothing visable that i can see blocking the camera(s?).. Headed to the dealer soon.

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 95

alexny

Reaction score
Welp, nothing visable that i can see blocking the camera(s?).. Headed to the dealer soon.

Got the same error message on my 17 Raptor this morning; just curious if you found any issues with the camera at the dealer's on yours or its just a condensation ?

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the same error message on my 17 Raptor this morning; just curious if you found any issues with the camera at the dealer's on yours or its just a condensation ?

I took it to the dealer that day, but they could not get my truck in for 2 more weeks. So I made an appointment for 2 weeks after that, but the error has not occurred again since so I cancelled my appointment. My best guess is that it must have just been condensation.

alexny

Reaction score
I took it to the dealer that day, but they could not get my truck in for 2 more weeks. So I made an appointment for 2 weeks after that, but the error has not occurred again since so I cancelled my appointment. My best guess is that it must have just been condensation.

Hope the same on my truck, just a weather related ..
Thanks for your reply!

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be condensation

I've driven with crazy morning dew, torrential downpours and everything in between without the error

omar510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey hope I'm not thread jacking. How well does LKA work for those that have it? Wonder how well it keeps you in the middle of the lane

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wonder about where it was parked when u got the error. i don't have lka but if i am too close to the wall behind my truck i get a blind spot error. ie was you parked close to a wall?

my bls works fine after i pull away from the wall.