Lane assist- does mine just suck or do they all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Your missing the point. I had a loaded out 802a package and after having it I wouldnt order it again. The only option I really would struggle living without is the front facing cam/360 cam and cooled seats. All these little package cause more issues and hassle down the road. I had my keep hands on the steering wheel come up on the dash multiple times per day and both hand would be on the steering wheel. Would hate to see what this system is like once its out of warranty. And the cooled seats didnt work as well as my gen 1.

Lane assist is violent and can be scary when towing.

If you want reliable skip the starbucks options and go simple or go Gen 1.

Gen 1 cooled seats make it the superior mall / starbucks crawler, so maybe a Gen1 is a better fit?

Honestly, I don’t have the same impression of LKA, or ACC. I’ve never had the hands on wheel alert, nor do I think the correction is in any way violent. I think the tech package, 802A and the Rap in general is overpriced, but the market pressure is driving the cost and Ford seems to have hit the mark on pricing because the customer base is buying Raptors. Tech isn’t for everyone though.

Seriously though, maybe you should expand the shopping horizons beyond Ford. If you’re that disappointed with the truck, why torture yourself?

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 cooled seats make it the superior mall / starbucks crawler, so maybe a Gen1 is a better fit?

Honestly, I don’t have the same impression of LKA, or ACC. I’ve never had the hands on wheel alert, nor do I think the correction is in any way violent. I think the tech package, 802A and the Rap in general is overpriced, but the market pressure is driving the cost and Ford seems to have hit the mark on pricing because the customer base is buying Raptors. Tech isn’t for everyone though.

Seriously though, maybe you should expand the shopping horizons beyond Ford. If you’re that disappointed with the truck, why torture yourself?

No torture for me...already sold my gen 2 and in a gen 1...love it. Miss some of the creature comforts but not the price tag or the issues I had in just 9k miles of ownership. Gen 2 out of the box performed awesome off road, and has great power. Just wanted something more raw, and reliable, and am happy to be in a gen 1. Just saying if I do get a gen 2 again, which would be a few years to let them work there bugs out I would go complete base model and keep it simple and hopefully more reliable.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that ford DELIBERATELY setup the lane assist to drift almost to the edge before correcting. They could easily make it stay in the dead center of the lane, but took away that accuracy in the fear people would use it like "auto steer".

I wouldn't doubt some software hack will come out at some point to turn its accuracy way up, but for now that's how it is.

--John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk