GEN 2 Kuat 2.0 Bike Rack for 2.0 Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
raptor doesn’t seem very carbon wheels friendly! have seen some horror stories and would definitely carry the bike in the truck bed if I had carbon wheels

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
raptor doesn’t seem very carbon wheels friendly! have seen some horror stories and would definitely carry the bike in the truck bed if I had carbon wheels

Curious, how does the Raptor break carbon bike wheels?

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious, how does the Raptor break carbon bike wheels?

the problem is the exhaust too close to the wheels might result in enough heat to melt the carbon rims... I couldn't really see clear but looks like the rack is pretty close at the same height at the rack or close, not only a raptor problem of course!

have seen some pretty crazy pictures on bike forums about this issue in general

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the problem is the exhaust too close to the wheels might result in enough heat to melt the carbon rims... I couldn't really see clear but looks like the rack is pretty close at the same height at the rack or close, not only a raptor problem of course!

have seen some pretty crazy pictures on bike forums about this issue in general

Didn't even think about that and will have to look more closely next time. I don't have carbon rims, but have thousands of miles with my 1up and bikes on the back without a problem.

aizdaman

Reaction score
I was looking for a solution for this as well and ended up with this as it fit my needs best. Its the Undercover Ridgelander with the Rhino Rack accessory kit.

IMG_20180804_092731.jpg

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something disturbing (to me, maybe only) it that I have a pickup truck (a monster truck to 99% of the population) and cannot fit a dang bicycle in the rear without removing the front tire or cocking it to 60+*?

I'm the only cyclists in the family so only need to carry one bike, guess I should just throw it in the bed and not worry about a rack since they are all local drives. This (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GT2VYI/?tag=fordraptorforum-20) appears to be popular, but would still have to mount the rear to it and **** the front wheel to fit in my micro-bed.