KTMRC8 got a Raptor (kind of)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well cupcakes, I think I finally got a Raptor. I have done a ton of calling dealers (thanks to photon's great app), and finally got one to agree on 3500 over MSRP...for everything I wanted (and maybe a few extras like heated steering wheel and heated 2nd row, no stickers thank god!).

I fly tomorrow from San Diego to an unknown destination to pick her up, then drive 24 hours to get her home...

I would put the list of everything I got, but I'm paranoid some ******* might search it and try and steal my deal (even though, I already put down a deposit, got financed through their dealership, and have them picking me up from the airport tomorrow:p).

In either case, this thread was meant to be put out there in case anyone had any questions regarding the break in, MPGs, etc ,since I'm picking it up and driving ~2000 miles home and this would be a good data point.

As soon as I get her, I'll take pics, and I'll take pics as I pass through all the southwestern states. Not really sure how I plan on breaking it in yet, but I know for sure I'm going to run 91-93 (LMAO) and take calculated (vs computer) mileage calculations for the whole duration.

Anyway, I thought for I time I was going to say f' it and just get a new super duty ,but I'm glad I didn't...haha

Cheers to you guys and big thanks to Photoneffect and Azholley (who was helping me find one!) for getting this thing done.

See you tomorrow!:rocking:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Well cupcakes, I think I finally got a Raptor. I have done a ton of calling dealers (thanks to photon's great app), and finally got one to agree on 3500 over MSRP...for everything I wanted (and maybe a few extras like heated steering wheel and heated 2nd row, no stickers thank god!).

I fly tomorrow from San Diego to an unknown destination to pick her up, then drive 24 hours to get her home...

I would put the list of everything I got, but I'm paranoid some ******* might search it and try and steal my deal (even though, I already put down a deposit, got financed through their dealership, and have them picking me up from the airport tomorrow:p).

In either case, this thread was meant to be put out there in case anyone had any questions regarding the break in, MPGs, etc ,since I'm picking it up and driving ~2000 miles home and this would be a good data point.

As soon as I get her, I'll take pics, and I'll take pics as I pass through all the southwestern states. Not really sure how I plan on breaking it in yet, but I know for sure I'm going to run 91-93 (LMAO) and take calculated (vs computer) mileage calculations for the whole duration.

Anyway, I thought for I time I was going to say f' it and just get a new super duty ,but I'm glad I didn't...haha

Cheers to you guys and big thanks to Photoneffect and Azholley (who was helping me find one!) for getting this thing done.

See you tomorrow!:rocking:

Congrats man!!! Super stoked for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk