Kicker subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremyespinoza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone purchase the kicker subwoofer? And if so how is the sound? I was thinking about putting one in my truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
check out the gen2 audio/video forum. I’ve got one entitled ‘added a sub’, and Guy has one that’s the sub and speakers.

OP
OP
J

jeremyespinoza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like it?

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Did you order yours or did you add it after you purchased the truck?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After Purchase

How do you like it?

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Did you order yours or did you add it after you purchased the truck?

Bought an 801a because price was right. Stereo, Ho Hum!! I did have the 7 speaker system, just no decent bass at all. Ordered the Kicker from Ebay, $450ish, can't remember exact price, but was in $400's shipped to the house. Installed using all factory mounting points, and truck is prewired for the sub, had to slit the carpet to access mounting points in two places. Fairly easy install, maybe 30 minutes or so. Once installed, Ford has to activate the subs wiring harness, and deactivate the fake engine noise (per instructions provided). The woofer is not going to blow the windows out of the truck, but it will vibrate your mirrors. I was not looking to have my seat massage my back, just wanted a more full sound from the system I have, and it does that.

Bigoil

Reaction score
Okay I was thinking about this ::: I have to kicker sub and if I understand this correctly , I have no fake exhaust sound coming out of my speakers ? Lol

I was always under the impression I did.... am I just hearing the outside exhaust ?

Thanks