Just pulled the trigger and need confirmation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been following this forum for a while and also been looking at a Raptor for a long time now. When the 2017 was released I decided it was time.

I just put down a deposit and ordered my Raptor which should be delivered the first week of June. So it's now official.

Now that I've pulled the trigger I've been reading recent reviews that are making me a little nervous and would like everyone's opinions with their experience with the Gen2. I plan on using this off-road quite a bit but my concern is using this truck as my main vehicle for regular commuting the other 300 days of the year.

How does the truck ride on regular roads/freeways with the width and suspension? Is it difficult and annoying in every day driving? Or is it something that you get used to and worth the hassle because of how amazing this truck is?

It would just be good to hear from actual Raptor owners. Thanks for the help guys.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I LOVE the truck. It rides better not the road than most vehicles but it's a damn truck so people who say their 2017 Lexus rides better ... well duh.

It's a little wide but I can still make it through drive thru's, but I haven't tried it at my local back ATM. The 360 camera takes the fear out of most parking lot's and is a must for this truck.

Get it... you'll love it.

Kitteh

Reaction score
I have a 2014 gen 1 and use that as my everyday commuter. Owned a Lexus before...prefer the ride of the Raptor. Im sure theyve only improved on the ride and handling ;) and congrats

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I love the ride of my raptor better than my wife's 2016 lexus RX350 fsport. Yes its wider and longer, but its a truck and as mentioned above, with the 360 camera for parking or pulling thru narrow spaces its a breeze.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best riding truck on the market and compareable to the Lexus gx I used to have.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first truck and I got used to it very quick. Parking will be the hardest to get used to, but you just have to get used to backing in which makes life easier. Rides way, way better than you'd think. I was extremely surprised having come from a SUV that I thought was smooth.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been following this forum for a while and also been looking at a Raptor for a long time now. When the 2017 was released I decided it was time.

I just put down a deposit and ordered my Raptor which should be delivered the first week of June. So it's now official.

Now that I've pulled the trigger I've been reading recent reviews that are making me a little nervous and would like everyone's opinions with their experience with the Gen2. I plan on using this off-road quite a bit but my concern is using this truck as my main vehicle for regular commuting the other 300 days of the year.

How does the truck ride on regular roads/freeways with the width and suspension? Is it difficult and annoying in every day driving? Or is it something that you get used to and worth the hassle because of how amazing this truck is?

It would just be good to hear from actual Raptor owners. Thanks for the help guys.

Suspension is fine for daily driving. The drivetrain however is highly suspect. You would be better off waiting for what is coming next. You will not have worries like the current ecoboost owners.

TexDan

Reaction score
there is a learning curve adjusting to the width of this beast, you'll hit a few curbs in the process. As far as the ride goes... I bought mine without a test drive and was pleasantly surprised with the smoothness of the ride. I now hunt speed bumps!

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Suspension is fine for daily driving. The drivetrain however is highly suspect. You would be better off waiting for what is coming next. You will not have worries like the current ecoboost owners.

sascrotch you are a trip! Thanks for the entertainment:baby: