just got my new raptor, 2 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwaltchack

Reaction score
1. My previous vehicle was a Tundra 2014. after driving the raptor for 3 days in rain on the road and in mud at my farm, I think my Tundra had much better traction in both situations. On the road during decent rain, I am constantly on the edge of hydroplaneing in the Raptor. and on the farm, I'm having to work harder to keep a line in a muddy field. What gives???

and

2. the speakers SUCK! what woudl be a an easy way to upgrade? can you simply buy better speakers and pop them in?

Overall, I still love the truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
what kind of tires on the T?

I just did 0 - 70 at about 95% throttle today in a driving rain. we’ll call it a 3-4 on the Irish rain scale, and I had no problems getting up to and holding speed (4a). in fact, it was kind of spooky fast for the conditions. I’m not feeling any kind of hint an hydroplaning at 60-70mph, even through some pooled water. I’ve got about 320 miles on the truck.

The K02 is a good all around tire that won’t offend anyone in any particular category, but they are not mud tires by any stretch.

I’m not hearing any problems with the speakers, I think they’re articulating pretty well for a factory system. I’m certain a good aftermarket system could be put together to eclipse their performance but I’m not there yet. I do wish for some more bass, maybe a 10” / 100W, maybe 150 - I don’t want to overwhelm the current speakers.

This thread - should have more info on the speakers.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. The break in period of 300miles on the tires may improve things. I haven't had any issues in the Florida rain yet.

2. I don't mind the speakers, the bass might be lacking though. Have you played around with the mid and treble settings?

westchiro

Reaction score
1. The break in period of 300miles on the tires may improve things. I haven't had any issues in the Florida rain yet.

2. I don't mind the speakers, the bass might be lacking though. Have you played around with the mid and treble settings?

plenty of rain today! North FL anyway! I put it in weather mode for fun but didn't need the 4A.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And my Volvo is much better in the rain, snow and mud than the F250. At least for me it's all about the tires. Got the K02's on the F250. They don't drive as well as the Cooper Discoveries or Yokohama Geolanders. Also lost mpg with the K02's. K02's are good on the back roads in dry conditions and passible in the wet. I drive on wet bentonite when I can't avoid it and nothing works there.

Still waiting on the Raptor...I'm certain that I'll like it.

OP
OP
D

dwaltchack

Reaction score
I only have 120 miles, so maybe a few more miles will help.

I do have the 802 pkg.

and i have played w the treb, dim and base and it helped some.

thanks guys

ychaudhary

Reaction score
I'm totally with you on the traction part. I'm actually pretty surprised how terrible the traction is in rainy conditions. I'm going to be looking into aftermarket tires and adding some weight to the truck (bumpers, etc.) to see if that helps.