Just got hit by a deer...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2018 10 days ago and tonight while I was in North Carolina for a funeral a deer slammed into the drivers side. It came out of nowhere and slammed head first into my driver's door handle at full speed. Fortunately we are ok and if we were in a lower vehicle it would have come right through the window and been much worse.

The drivers door, mirror, front fender are completely destroyed. The fender clipped the hood and the deer's antlers scratched the door glass. Its leg hit the bottom of the lower rear door. The drivers door will not open and I don't want to try and force it since I have to drive 700 miles home back to Florida.

I don't think it will be totaled but my gf seems to think it might be. It looks like they will mostly just have to install new doors, fender, window, and possibly hood plus paint.

You can't really tell from the dark photos but it could have been so much worse had I not been in a Raptor. I just hope I can find an excellent body shop back in Florida that I can trust to get it fixed right.

RiYo9fr.jpg

F3r1HYG.jpg

801Ag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad everyone made it out ok! Deers are brutal. I wouldn’t think it is anywhere near totaled though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Make sure when you speak with your insurance company, tell them that the deer hit you. DO NOT say you hit the deer. Most insurance company if you hit them, might not be covered as they might claim it could of been avoided. Deer hit you, covered pretty much every time. It's all in the wording.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man that sucks!! Glad everyone was OK. Spent last week in Michigan where they have 50,000 car / deer accidents a year!! Makes night/dusk/dawn driving that much more of an adventure. aaargh! Good luck.

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ugh, ******. But like you said, could have been so much worse. Glad you all made it out OK and good luck with insurance and getting this fixed!