GEN 2 Jerry Cans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have two Jerry cans and am looking for a solution to store them in the bed without resorting to a full rack system. I want to keep them secure when full and not interfere with the Hard cover. I'd also rather not drill into the bed. I can't seem to find any solution.

Ideas?

Last edited:

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can check out what I did in the 800A+ build thread. I did drill to mount airline track but something could be bolted down under the bed bolts to serve the same purpose without drilling the bed. The box link brackets are modified to accept the cans. I have not tested it hard offroad yet but I have confidence that it will work just fine. Not my first rodeo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
You can check out what I did in the 800A+ build thread. I did drill to mount airline track but something could be bolted down under the bed bolts to serve the same purpose without drilling the bed. The box link brackets are modified to accept the cans. I have not tested it hard offroad yet but I have confidence that it will work just fine. Not my first rodeo.

This is the guy I was hoping would respond. He's legit [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hkguns

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That looks real nice and about the best solution I've seen yet. Thanks.

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where I go, there is no such thing as too much fuel. On one of my last trips in my old truck we had to be very careful with fuel and that was 10 gal extra each and slightly better mileage. Couldn't even go on all the spurs we wanted. Made it to a gas station with less than 50 miles of range left! Expecting 8mpg with 26 gal isn't nearly far enough.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where I go, there is no such thing as too much fuel. On one of my last trips in my old truck we had to be very careful with fuel and that was 10 gal extra each and slightly better mileage. Couldn't even go on all the spurs we wanted. Made it to a gas station with less than 50 miles of range left! Expecting 8mpg with 26 gal isn't nearly far enough.

Edit = disregard!

Last edited:

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the Ford accessory bed divider to keep items such as fuel jugs in place.

http://accessories.ford.ca/bed-products/dividers/partition-loading-compartment.html

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
23 gallons in your supercab!

My bad, read some where in the early info that the normal F150 SCAB had a 23 gal but the Raptor would have 26. All the official literature says 23 gal which makes a lot more sense with my fill ups and low fuel light. Ran it a lot closer to empty today than I thought. Put 21.5 gal in!